Fixing this before flower

This is my Maui photo on a 5x5 scrog…under a spider farmer se7000. Using gen hyd 3 part flora system as well as hydro guard and calmag. I have pruned the bottom and getting ready to flip to flower soon. I know I have a 2 to 3 foot stretch at the flip and want to fill the table during the stretch and then go vertical. I dont want to flip with this issue…the brown spots. It started before I gave it trans to bloom food and am thinking it may be a potassium deficiency. My transition food added alot more potassium in the bloom. Hoping this is it. But I dont want to hope I want to know. Thanks

3 Likes

That enough room for another 4 buddy , you’ll have to vegged it for at least 2 months to fill out the screen first before you flip , but your light and space can run 5 in a 3 gallon at once !

2 Likes

Welcome to the community, I’m seeing the 1st sign of a calcium deficiency typically accompanied by magnesium. Most strains require more of these 2 during flower and well as more PK and less N. I would start feeding calmag at 3-5 mil every feeding. Adding epson salt is a great way to supplement magnesium :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Looks good, that’s one heck of a lighting setup you got there! Well done. I’ll watch or lurk :eyes:

2 Likes

Super nice setup there tons of room. I would totally open up the plant as much as u can with string and clips pull any taller branches to sides open the middle keep it all at one level it will widen the circumference and make it opened more thru the middle nice setup tho

1 Like

Really nice set up my friend. Everyone above has you in good hands :raised_hands:

1 Like

I ran this strain on a trial scrog… 2 1/2 ft wide by 5 ft long and the bucket was on one end I flipped it to flower when they got four inches through the screen and it stretched for two-and-a-half to three feet across the table. Turned out with a really nice yield and some beautiful buds but was sick at Harvest when I realized I choked out half the plant so I wanted to use the same method with 90° l s t clips. I know this is a six foot tall plant from my previous run. I’m too far along to start anything else so I will see how it turns out. I am running a side by side comparison to two SF4000 lights. Thank you for the response Yoshi :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thank you for the welcome…I am addressing the calmag issue and did notice my ph was low…maybe causing an intake issue ?

Thank you brother😎

Thank you brother…my plan is to let the branches come thru the net a few inches…direct each branch in its designated direction with 90deg lst clips then flip to flower and tuck the stretch for about three weeks and then let the canopy go vertical for the duration of flower. Is that crazy?

1 Like

Thank you brother😎

Also Yoshi could you comment on my ppm chart. Those levels are only a fraction of what the bottle says to mix. Can the MW strain handle higher ppms?

This is the side by side comparison of the two set ups. Used the smaller lights on the last run in the closet.

1 Like

Oh damn ur super set eeh. U on fb at all or if. If so even you tube I believe has vids northern scrogger. Dude does sick scrog work beautiful like perfect canopy’s lol.

Thanks brother this is the set each has 8 branches I will direct a branch towards each corner and a branch towards each side and let the offshoot fll in the gaps in between and see if I can develop an even canopy. I know this Maui strain stretches 3 ft when it goes into flower so that should feel the table in my eyes and then quit tucking after the stretch and let it go vertical after that

1 Like

I would only tuck the first week or 2 in flower then stop sonu have some bud growth upward leave a week of very should be good. If u open it now if get double the sites faster it would be lower but would be a wider spread for more growth faster. Do one and u’ll see what I mean.

Yeah I get where you’re coming from but I have a few sites that will be below the bend so after that stretches forward those sites will come up and fill the middle area. That’s my plan anyway…lol you know what they say about best laid plans. But I have plan to try this specific technique and see how it works even if I don’t fill the table I will have more knowledge of the plant and what it does with eight branches. So please stay tuned let’s see if I make a mess of this…:joy:

1 Like

Please keep us updated with growth and spread. I would really enjoy seeing it fill in the frame. If it is potassium deficiency I would think it will get treated when you change to flower nutrients. They have more phosphorous and potassium.
Just a little frame by comparison

3 Likes

Will do I’m going to give it my best shot. I think I’m going back to leaning towards calcium and magnesium deficiency even though I up to 500 parts per million calmag in my good I found my pH had been low and maybe caused intake issue with the Cal Mag. Got the pH between 5.8 and 5.85…each took a half a gallon this morning so I only gave them hydroguard and Cal Mag :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

@beardless

That’s a beautiful spread you got there, I’m on my first grow and went straight for a mainline, gettin a little bushy but still gets great air flow