Fist Time Grower Anxiety Is it Male

I have posted the progress of this particular Super Silver Haze And now I am having anxiety. I’m pretty sure this is a male plant now. Can an experienced grower please give me some guidance on what to do? I’m really bummed out because I do not want to just trash the plant it is beautiful.

Most definitely!

1 Like

Yep. It’s a boy.

1 Like

Has bigger balls then @Dave69

On a sad note chop it down asap before the pollen drops in ur grow room

3 Likes

Segregated it from the flock yes? I have 5 or 6 in veg currently. And what exactly can this plant be used for?

You can make
Butter out of it but it never be as good as
The female plants … or you could
Make a cream out of it

1 Like

Pollinating females

3 Likes

That’s what i call dedication. None of that sexist females only attitude :rofl:

1 Like

I see male flowers. I don’t see female flowers in the pictures you’ve posted. I’m specific about such things because cannabis isn’t strictly male/female; I’m always looking out for intersex traits in cannabis.

Where are the seeds from? What were they advertised as? What are your other plants, and are they displaying flowers?

I will put out there, as someone who does a little bit of breeding, if I’m crossing two different cultivars and one takes longer to mature, I will try to have that be the male donor. The reason is that, all other things being equal, males mature faster than females.

I will cut a male plant down to a very manageable size, and put it on low-maintenance life support. A tiny plant will produce an enormous amount of pollen. Then I will collect the pollen and cut it with sterilized rice flower. For long-term storage I add florist’s drying gel, and freeze it in sealed glass vials.

Seeds are so inexpensive though that I wouldn’t be making them unless I had a specific intent.

3 Likes

@KeystoneCops

So i had a bag seed… The speed it grew lead me to believe it was an auto… It had pollen bags after 4 weeks… I threw it out the day i saw the bags because i had other autos in there… And my veg tent wasn’t ready.

Now im thinking about it and im wondering…

if an auto male flowers in my veg tent, only the calyxes on the internodes of mature females would polinate?
Is that right?
If i would spray her with peroxide before flowering in a diffrent tent.
the rest of the buds should not be pollinated?

Am i missing something?

1 Like

I honestly got the super silver haze seeds from a recreational dispensary in Washington DC out of an eighth during the lockdown. I babied it forever. I have 6 Obama Kush Plants and 2 Lambs bread as well. Those are not to flower stage yet. I am very amateur. I have no problem admitting it. Much like my cosmetology journey I am taking this on very seriously and studying Cannabis’s structure, how it behaves and every aspect of it. If it were not for this plant I would not be alive right now.

It has now been moved upstairs and is a bedroom houseplant. LOL I can not bring myself to chop him down.

1 Like

Just dont let the pollen get outside as it can fly for miles pollinating everyones outdoor grow which is jot a good thing to doo

2 Likes

That is way advanced verbiage for me. I’m a beginner.
My method thus far has been purely experimental. Fox Farm soil, see what grows best where, and pray over the plants.

I stick to a watering plus misting schedule and pay attention to the growing behaviors.

I use a tad of root charge phosphate in the water, but nothing else. Our PH is alkaline.

The initial lighting schedule is 18 on 6 off then when the pistols start 12 on 12 off.

1 Like

CRAP! good call!

1 Like

I’ve heard you like big balls Daggy, especially if they’re slapping your ass cheeks. :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy: :joy:

Lets not spread your filth on this guys thread …

1 Like

Apologies Holthemp, at least you’ve got the balls to show your face with your balls (plant) :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: so, how handsome are you Daggy :grin: :grin: @anon90946932

2 Likes

If you have a flowering male plant in your home, it’s inevitable that it will pollinate any female flowers present in your home. It’s just not practical for most hobbyists to keep them isolated by filtered air.

Even “professional” breeders will struggle with this, and that’s probably one explanation for why we see so many issues with seeds not being what they’re supposed to be.

@holthemp keep the male if you want to. Making seeds is good. Pulling them out of your buds can be a little annoying, but that’s what we did every time we smoked back in my teen years.

2 Likes

Sinsemilla is a blessing :hugs:

1 Like