First WW Auto ... I'm in ❤❤❤

Started 2 seeds in water for 24 hours. The big one I named Phrinee, the little one is Peraguine. Peraguine, it turns out, can swim. She didn’t sink. So next into a wet paper towel until the roots got to 3/4 of an inch. Up until this moment the girls have had no light. Everything got put in a shoebox - lid closed.
Peraguine got a root first, but Phrinee caught up fast! 36 hours in a wet paper towel, and it was dirt time!!
I mixed my normal potting soil blend of perlite, some manure, that stuff that starts with a V (usually next to the perlite), and dirt. Popped the mix in 2 5 gallon growbags, watered them, drained them, and nestled the girls down protected by a cut in half plastic water bottle each. Grow light on, and now it’s the 2nd day of growing.
Peraguine peeped up first, followed quickly by Phrinee. Peraguine got the starts of big girl leaves, followed quickly by Phrinee. Misted inside their bottles just now, Phrinee is the taller!
I’m so proud of them! Photos soon, but just know, they are magnificent!

11 Likes

I loved me my WWA grow last year, outdoors. You should read up on my journal.

A nug-

11 Likes

Set to watching!

1 Like

If you let your new root grow to 3/4 inch or more @BunnyD your open to root accidents (breakage) you only need the root peeking out to transplant, less accidents to roots. Plus young seedlings dont need nutes or hot soil.

4 Likes

I like the simpler seed into dirt in clear cup that slides into a red or dark cup to protect roots. Humidity dome and viola, 3-4 days later a sprout. I have had a very high success rate this way.

4 Likes

Your White Widow’s will amaze you - I’ve never seen a variety that got such fat huge leaves so fast before

3 Likes

I highly recommend LST on the girls, and a FIM or Top after 4th or 5th node for sure.

9 Likes

Congrats on starting your grow, hope all goes well :call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum @BunnyD! Glad to have you join us :wink::v::bear:

4 Likes

Welcome to the forum, and good luck with your plants!

1 Like

Your telling me about leaves. My 2 wwa are 5 weeks today and they are short, fat, sloppy girls :rofl: bushy AF

3 Likes

Welcome to the group! Good luck on your grow :metal::metal:

1 Like

When I realized that a tent could help me do all of the things I wished I could it became an essential to have them - but even before that I noticed that the WW fems I got from ILGM were 'way outperforming the Blue Haze plants I started weeks or a month before

It was jaw dropping

2 Likes

I was super careful! You would have thought they were fragile art glass. I moved carefully and only after making a plan on what I was doing and how.
How little should the root be?

The color is beautiful!

1 Like

I was afraid I’d mess up and hurt their roots in the transplant. I’m going to have to get braver!

I’m going to do some LST, but I won’t top these 2. So, you don’t green screen train yours? I thought I would have to, but yours looks strong and spread out. What are your suggestions?

2 Likes

Hey, glad to have you around, my your grow be successful!

1 Like

Wire and lug nuts :rofl:. That’s what I use, start training after the 5 node starts. Bend her over GENTLY, she’ll start reaching for the sky.

4 Likes

Lug nuts!..I luv it!! :joy::joy:I use pipe cleaners pinned to fabric pots.

2 Likes