First white widow grow. Having some issues

Hello all. New grower here. Got one ww auto that has been going very well untill yesterday (aprox 30 days in). I noticed these off white edges on a big fan leaf. Im growing in a peat, mushroom compost, perlite mix. I know it sounds bad but i think i forgot to amend the mix so i am guessing that the medium is out of something that the plant is wanting. I amended with down to earth 4-4-4 , 3-9-4 and some worm castings. Should i just wait for the slow release to do its thing or should i hit it with some synthetic nutes( i have gh trio). Also i forgot to p.h. last time and when i remembered to check my tap water was around 7.8, was wondering if it could be a p.h. issue but i read organic growing p.h. isnt as important. The plant looks pretty good but im just worried about the edges. Any help is appreciated!

1 Like

I would love to give you an answer unfortunately Iā€™ve been using miracle grow (with some success). So I havenā€™t paid any mind to leaf issues. But u are in the right spot. Iā€™ll tag some of the pros on here for ya. They will be of better help.
@Nicky @MeEasy can you help this person?
Welcome at the same time. Iā€™ll be watching along.

Thanks for lookin out!

1 Like

Imo looks like they got some of them slow release nutes finally and got nute burnt a little check run off ppm

Forgot to mention that ive used recharge with their last two waterings. I also had a space heater in the tent and the plant was pretty close to it. Is it possible that the heater could have done it?

1 Like

Now that I looked again does look a little burnt looking on a couple leafs its a good possibility for sure make sure to either turn down the heater or move it further away

Hi @Bevo83 Iā€™m just guessing but I think the heater is what caused the discoloration. As for your soil and whether or not to feed is gonna just depend on whether or not you want to stay organic. Synthetic nutes are great and will work faster than waiting on your soil to adjust and feed your plants but imo itā€™s worth the wait. Iā€™m all about organic growing but I will prolly do some synthetic grows because I grow as a hobby and like to challenge myself with different ways of growing. It sounds like you probably have what you need in your soil the 4 4 4 is good for veg and 3 9 4 for flower and with organic your plants communicate with the organisms in the soil to get the nutrients needed for each stage of life. The key is to keep the soil moist all the time and maybe make a tea from your worm :poop: once a week or so to keep plenty of life in the soil. Molasses is another good idea to keep your soil happy and healthy, the biggest difference in organic and synthetic foods is that with synthetic you are feeding the plant with organic you feed the soil. Then your ph 7.8 is a bit high mine runs between 7.3 and 7.6 and I donā€™t adjust it I do use a carbon filter to remove most of the chlorine, there is other ways to reduce chlorine but a filter seems easiest. I hope something I said helps Iā€™m all jacked up on coffee and prolly talking in circles a little lol but ask me anything and Iā€™ll try to answer or point you to someone else I think might know. Good luck :deciduous_tree: :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks for the info! Its all new to me but i think i am starting to understand the bulk of it. ā€stay lit!

2 Likes

@Bevo83 if you plan to stay organic check out the sites ā€œhomesteadandchillā€ ā€œbuildasoilā€ and this guys ā€œclackamascootsā€ thereā€™s some really good info on all three sites

Edit= homesteadandchill has alot more than just cannabis but on their site search how to feed cannabis organically

2 Likes