First white widow auto grow in flower. Burnt tips?

Nope. Coco 5.8 is spot on.

1 Like

Awesome! Thank you so much! I will cut out the nutrients for a few days and see what happends! Much appreciated!

1 Like

Alright, so I’ve flushed with just water the last 2 days. Still my runoff seems to want to keep in the mid 3 thousands almost 4 on the other plant. Should I keep feeding just water until I reach a certain number?

Hows the pH looking? If its in range, keep water only til those numbers change…

Are your leaves looking any worse?

No definitely not looking worse. Obviously like to just get ontop of it though. PH seems to always be just about the same going out as going in. I did just recalibrate my pen though. Seems like it was off just slightly for I don’t know how long. I’m assuming since my ppm is so high that are still getting nutrients even though I am just using water at this point correct?

1 Like

Yup. There’s plenty in there available for them. PH holding stable is excellent.

Also pH points are more exponential then sequential. .1 up is more like 10x the difference.

No kidding?? Ok. Thats good to know. I should be back on track with that. Do you think I should just keeping going with just water until the runoff is back to 1500 or so?

Ur in coco… its tougher to just say a number to be at…

Rechecking… what kind of water are u starting with? If tap, do u know the ph and ppms of it alone?

Yes just tap. Been a while since I checked the PH but I know it was high. I wanna say upper 7-8. I use PH down everytime. Checking the PPM today was only around mid 200s.

243 to be exact

So that buildup MAYBE the ppms from the tap, which is unusable to the plant in most cases.

This is why alot of people use bottled, distilled, RO, or rainwater. They are pretty ppm free to start and doesnt cause a ‘falsely high’ ppm reading

I actually have a ton of distilled water i bought the humidifier I ended up not needing. Cool. I’ll start using that then. So what would you do then? A couple more days of just water then back to feeding schedule?

1 Like

Thats a tough call man. If you want to be thorough and sure?

Flush with the distilled. And I mean actually flush. If pots are 3 gallons then run 9-15 gallons of distilled. Monitor every 2-3 gallons to see if your in range. If pots are 5 gallons, then 15-25 gallons. Its 3-5x the pot size if you dont have a flushing agent like SledgeHammer or FloraKeen.

Then immediately refeed after with appropriate amounts and pH.

If you think ur fine and just need a bit more resetting, give each plant a solid amount of distilled until those ppms come down into the 1500-2000 range (still skyhigh for coco u havent fed in a while)

Also keep in mind coco is a nute hog. U should see ppms falling rapidly, so something isnt right.

1 Like

Yeah thats what I fear. Ok. Well that is what I’ll do then. Distilled flush it is! Again I appreciate your help man! You guys are are awesome!

1 Like

Anytime my guy. Lemme know how it goes

1 Like

I definitely will. Have a good day man.

Alright man. Sorry to keep bugging you with this. Definitely starting to stress a bit. So I decided instead of the serious flush I would just put enough distilled water ph’d to 5.8 to get the ppms down. I got them both down quite a bit. 700 on one. 400 on the other. But today when I went to feed my runoff was 1400-1500 range. And I noticed more damaged leaves and a new development of leaf edges not just tips browning and bending upwards? I’m guessing lock out and that is potassium deficiency? I did order sledge hammer. Won’t be here till Thurs though. So my question is, is it too soon after my ppm lowering flush to do a serious flush? Or do you think I am safe to just go for it?

2 Likes

hey @13runner

the problem with attempting to ph distilled water is that you can’t really do it. below 100 ppm ph readings are not reliable.

and if you threw a bunch of ph down in there to bring it down, that may be negatively affecting your plants.

i’d complete the full flush with plain distilled, ensure your runoff ppms are 300-600, then get back on your feed schedule right away.

i’d also calibrate your ph meter to make sure it’s reading correctly. i’ve fallen victim of that trap before.

2 Likes

I’ve actually been wondering if maybe that had something to do with it. I found it odd in comparison to the ph of my tap water. In distilled the ph down dropped it significantly with such a small amount that I had to add ph up a few times then down again. It was quite difficult to dial in. When I was to 5.8 I had added quite a bit of both up and down. Alway hate using more of that then I have to. So you think I should just do a straight full on 9 gallon distilled flush on each plant? Then back to feeding schedule?

1 Like