First white widow auto grow in flower. Burnt tips?

Happy new years guys! Coming back to the pros for advice! This is my first grow with auto white widows. I think I’m pretty close to harvest. Just recently though I’ve noticed I have quite a few leaf tips starting to brown. I know as they start to ripen the plants will start to devote all nutrient to the flower. Im hoping that is the case? Or am I over feeding? I am using sensi bloom, big bud, b-52, and bud candy as directed by advanced nutrients. So far thier recommended feeding have had these girls loving life. But I’m wondering if its time to lower dosage. Or replace something with cal mag? Advice or input is always much appreciated!

Looks like nitrogen toxicity. Do you know your runoff pH and PPM?

A support ticket will help us help you. Can you please fill out a support ticket? Please include what type of water you are using (RO, distilled, tap.)

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non-applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

Soil brand and type

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor or Outdoor

• Light system

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• Co2; Yes, No

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution
-Amount of air to solution

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you. Pictures taken under natural or white lighting are by far the best.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner.

1 Like

It does, and not a terribly bad one at that.

With regards to ‘close to harvest’ I see at least a month, closer to 6-7 weeks left. Your buds have not even begun to really swell yet. Patience my friend.

2 Likes

Thank you! I’ve been really hoping I have more time. From what I’ve been reading auto flowers only have about 4 month?

And what do I do about this nitrogen issue??

1 Like

Approximately… autos really do as they please. Better to know ur different stages and about how long to expect them in each one then following ‘done by’ dates from the packaging.

Flowering (from ‘buttons’ to harvest) is normally 9 -11 weeks. Maybe a bit more maybe a bit less.

The slight tip burn isnt something Id adjust for. If anything try to lower the N (NPK values are on most nutrient solutions) in my feed solution. But its nothing to flush and reset over.

That support ticket would help a bit.

How much of each supplement? I know u said ‘by the chart’ but I dont have one one me atm

Awesome! Pretty much what I’ve been saying. One more month would be perfect!

I mix a 3 litre reservoir daily as I am growing in coco
Sensi bloom both A and B-12 ml each
Big bud-6 ml
B-52-6ml
Bud candy-6ml

That water both plants. So a litre and a half each daily. At 5.8 ph. Runoff usually comes out the same. Just tested ppm. 3333 seems high?

1 Like

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed- ILGM white widow auto.

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF- coco coir.

Soil brand and type- N/A cheap nursery rehydrate.

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths- cloth 3 gallon.

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)-5.8

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable-3333.

• Indoor or Outdoor- indoor

• Light system- vivosun VS 1000

• Temps; Day, Night- day°75-°80, Night°70

• Humidity; Day, Night- day 60-65, night 55-60

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size- 6 inch inline exhaust

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier- none

• Co2; Yes, No- none

If growing Hydro some additional questions:

-DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
-Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
-Temperature of reservoir
-TDS of nutrient solution

Cloth 3 gallon pots elevated about an inch above ground.

Reservoir temp °75-°80

I water daily with 3 litre reservoir mixed with-
Sensi bloom- A and B each 12ml
Big bud- 6ml
B-52- 6ml
Bud candy- 6ml

This waters both plants so a litre and a half for each plant daily.

3333 the runoff ppms or the solution before pouring? Either way thats a bit high.

And that pretty much measures nutrient in the medium? So maybe cut back on nutrients do you think?

A couple more pics of the issue…

Is the 3333 the runoff or the solution before pouring? And in either case, whats the other number?

And thats just a little bit of N burn. Dont overstress

That is the runoff. Not sure of the before number. Since I already watered today I’m gonna have to wait to test the new mix tomorrow.

Trying not to stress. Hate for things to go south this far along though. Feel like I’ve done pretty good up to now.

Mix a throw away batch. Use 1 litter and 1/3 of ur usual ingredients. Thatll give u a ppm reading of before so we’ll know where u started. A couple ml wont hurt to waste on the front yard lol

Sensi bloom- A and B each 12ml so 4ml
Big bud- 6ml so 2 ml
B-52- 6ml so 2 ml
Bud candy- 6ml so 2 ml

Wow! So quite a bit lower. I’m at 1432. Should I flush?

They dont look bad. Give em the straight water for a couple feeds.

Also does the schedule call for any flushes, if so have u flushed accordingly?

1 Like

It does not call for any flushing until the final week. So you recommend just water for the next couple days at the same ph of 5.8 that I have been?

Here is the chart the recommend. I’ve followed it as closely as I can besides the voo doo and over drive anyways.

In coco? If soil bump it up a bkt to around 6.4-6.5

Either straight water to let those ppms come down a tad, or lower whichever is the heaviest in Nitrogen

Yes I am growing in coco. I have had it at about 5.8 through out the grow. You think I should bring that up a bit at this point?

1 Like