First Trouble Ticket

• What strain: 1 Auto Flower Zkittlez, 2 Bag seeds
  • Method: Hydroponics Ebb and Flow
  • Vessels: Buckets
  • PH of Water: 5.6
  • PPM/TDS: 1250 Advance Nutrients Ph Perfect A&B; a does of Cal-Mag due to roots; just added H2O2 to clean things up
  • Indoor: 4x4 tent
  • Light system: LED California Light Works 1100
  • Temps; Held at 74
  • Humidity; 68
  • Ventilation system; Yes
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: NO
  • Co2; Not yet.
    Issue: leaves are starting to curl, spots are on a little stronger.
    Bag seed #1 (cleaned system the other day might have dropped wanted on it.)

Bag seed #2

Auto Flower:

Over all plants are growing and looking good!

1 Like

Anybody…Is this not posted in the right section?

As much as I would like to help, this isn’t something I would want to even take a guess at. I’ve seen some people on forum using ebb and flow systems but I can’t really remember who it was. I’ll tag some people that may be able to help. @Myfriendis410 @TDubWilly @Bogleg @Oldguy

2 Likes

Are you doing this in rockwool or coco? Maybe lava rock?
Do you have exposed root? If so what color is the root?
Have you added any calcium or magnesium additives to your solution? What is the temperature of your solution and haow often do you change / test it?

1 Like

Growing in Hydroton; roots are not exposed; water temp is 74; color of roots are nice and white; have added Cal-mag; system had been cleaned and roots checked no issues except for what I found in the screens; water gets changed about every 2 weeks.

Thanks for the help!

1 Like

what are you using for a reservoir? How big? Are you aerating? How often do you test it for ph and ec?

55gal reservoir; 2 air stones lots of water movement in reservoir; tested daily keep it as consistent as possible

Lets use this Support Ticket so everything is in one place.

COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
Age of plant
Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, fabric pots
PH and TDSof Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
method used to measure PH and TDS
Indoor or Outdoor if indoor, size of grow space
Light system LED, MH/HPS/CMH/Fluorescents, or other
Actual wattage draw of lights
Current Light Schedule
Temps; Day, Night
Humidity; Day, Night
Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
Co2; Yes, No
If growing Hydro some additional questions:
DWC? RDWC? Autopots? Ebb and Flow? Other?
Distance of liquid below net pot (DWC)
Temperature of reservoir
TDS of nutrient solution

Always try to upload a clear picture in white light of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you.

No experience with AN products but it’s the time of year and it seems like there’s a bunch of folks using it experiencing trouble right now.

I thought I had answer these question in my first post. I pulled the questions that I used from another recent post around here.

That’s fine; I don’t really have time to pull through from a bunch of posts that’s all. Someone should be along to help.

1 Like

Awesome thanks for the support!

Well it looks like a phosphrus deficiency or possibly a lock out? You might want to swing your ph up a tad to 6.0 ? Let me check the nutrien availability chart.
Yeah you could try as high as 6.5 for a while?
Since you are running hydro you have a few things that need to be addressed, cycle times on your ebb and flow and ph / ec. Since a steady ph is often not ideal because it does not allow access to some nutrients on either end of the scale, its wise to allow some swing in ph.
To be honest, I have not run an ebb and flow system however I do understand the concept and have read a considerable amount of material on the subject.
I also gave no experience with AN products so I have nothing to input there. I dont know anyone on this site that uses an ebb and flow setup. There is a guy on you tube that uses ebb and flow but to my knowledge only for seedlings.
I wish you all the best

1 Like

@Bogleg does ebb and flow.

There are specific questions on that Support Ticket that need to be answered and I’ll tell you that Bogleg is not interested in reading through the whole thread for information. Please take the time to fill it out so we have it in one place. Be thorough as it’s needed to help you. Not gonna diagnose until I have more info.

2 Likes

yeah I agree with you, to be frank Im just guessing when I suggest a fix here. Its ambiguous at best.
Ebb and flow seems more popular with flower and herb growers. Though there are some med cannabis growers that are using tables. I thought about it… sea of green on tables… seems like a pretty good option? But with our power outages its not really feasible.

I understand l will get to it.

Looks like a phosphorous deficiency to me. I concur with @Cannabian - I also think bringing PH up to 5.8-6.0 would be preferable. In flower your PH will likely crash anyway, so generally better to keep it higher in the acceptable range IMHO.

2 Likes

pleasure to meet you @Bogleg … please tag me into your grow!

1 Like

I think that got it.

1 Like

It sounds like I need to work on the Ph then. I will bring that up and see how they do! Thanks for the assistance.

1 Like