First trimming=disaster

I have watched video after video, and I still think mine look like shit. Can someone please post a picture of a wet trimmed bud? This is my first time. I had to harvest this one early due to some bud rot.

Also, saving my trim. Do I use it right then, or do I let it dry also?

1 Like

No pro at it by any means, but here is one of mine wet trimmed. Bit of a personal thing but since we’re growing for our own consumption I didn’t trim very tight/ for looks…

I did another little trim after drying. This was wet.

7 Likes

You can dry trim and touch up afterwords but if u get a pointy pair of scissors u can get right in there and clip the leaves off from the stem. If its for your consumption you can leaves it like that. More trichromes.

6 Likes

Here’s some of my fresh wet trimmed buds

11 Likes

It’s for me, so it doesn’t matter if I leave the sugar leaves on? That’s good to know. Thanks for the great pics, I guess I’m not too far off, for the first time.

I’m still not sure if I’m supposed to dry the trimmings, decarb them and go ahead and cook with them.:woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

Many options for the trimmed sugar leaves. Some people decarb and infuse in butter, oil, etc. Some make bubble hash, etc… You can also put them in a ziploc and freeze until you decide what you want to do.

The trimmed fan leaves will have little to no THC, I used mine to make some pesto and similar, think of them as supergreens if you want to consume.

Regarding the trimmed sugar leaves, personally I grabbed a trim bin before harvest and left the trimmed sugar leaves in there to dry then crushed / brushed them around on the trim bin screen to collect the kief. Hoping after the next harvest to have enough to have a go at making a temple ball…:slight_smile:

The trim bin may seem pricey for a few pieces of plastic and some screen, but it made the process very clean and allowed me to collect a lot of kief that would have otherwise been lost.

Many ways to skin a cat as they say.

6 Likes

Thanks so much for the info. I have a tray, love it!

1 Like

It comes down to personal preference. First time trimming I spent hours and cramped hands to make buds picture perfect.

Now it is cursory trim. I compost the fan leaves. Anything with “sugar” is saved for later. I heard that leaving sugar leaves on causes a rougher smoke. I don’t smoke but if anyone in my family complains I’ll just give them a pair of trimmers. None of them had to hit a dispensary since my first harvest saving $$$.

3 Likes

Amnesia haze auto. I think this is the last time I wet trimmed.

I take terrible bud pictures

I changed to dry trimming over a trim tray. It is much faster. One draw back if you like to collect fresh trim and sugar leaves for concentrates, butter what ever, I at least, don’t end up with much worth salvaging. I card it over the screen and collect the trichomes then put it in the garden compost.
This is what I have after rough wet trim, which is basically stripping off the leaves with stems and some of the larger leaves in the bud I can easily get to. If I do a really fast job the first time, I may come back mid dry and touch them up. Usually it isn’t necessary.

Some buds before they go into jars to cure

7 Likes