First Transplant with some questions

Here ive got some photos and autos. I plan on transplanting the photos to 1 gal pots and the autos into 5 or 7 gal pots to stay. Some outdoor, some indoor. Ive never transplanted before, ive always put seed right into its forever home after germinating. My first question is do these look ready to transplant? I know a few are not because they took longer to germ and to pop. My second question, when transplanting the photos, should I use the soil I plan on using the whole grow? The soil theyre in now is just a generic soil with very little nutrient. I plan on using the Coast of Maine Platinum Growers Mix. Would this soil be a little “hot” for the initial transplant? If so, what would you recommend I do/use? Thanks in advance everyone.

1 Like

To early to transplant @UncleSam next time to make it easier plant in clear solo cup and then put clear cup in your red cups to protect the roots from light doing it this way allows you to see the roots and know exactly when to transplant, for now transplant when the leaves are extended beyond the cup
These also look leggy or long either turn up light or lower a little to avoid the stretch you are getting so node spacing will be closer together.
Yes I would use the soil you are going to use when you transplant
Another tip when you transplant fill pot with a empty solo cup and when transplanting just lift empty cup out and put your plants in,
Good luck

I actually thought about the clear cups after I dropped the seeds. Next time for sure.
Ok, good information. I have already dropped my light and I turned it up a tad. I may turn it up some more and see how they react. Im about 18" high and the light is at 60%.
Thanks spanky.

1 Like

I would put the Photos in the bigger pots. Use smaller pots for the Autos as the Photos should out grow your Autos. Depending on how good your lights are. :+1::+1::+1:

1 Like

Most, if not all, will end up being outdoors. For now, I dont have the room indoors to put all 16 in their forever homes. The plan was to put the photos in the 1 gallon pots to save room until they ultimately will end up in 10 gal pots outdoors. The autos, from what ive read and been told, have a harder time recovering from the transplant so thats why i wanted to put them in their home sooner than later. 5 or 7 gal pots. Ive also been told that the autos like the 5 gal pots so thats what i would like to try this time around.

1 Like