First topping to harvest in pictures

I was asked to put something together so this is my attempt at fulfilling that request. The photos are all of the same plant starting with the topping of its main stem to harvest. I hope the pictures speak for themselves. It is simply to show what I did to this NL (its tent mates received the same treatment). It will take a few entries to get them all posted so stay tuned. If you have questions shoot away. I am far from experienced at this but hopefully I can at least explain what I did and why.

It had its cotyledon leaves on 4/8. I pick up the “action” on 5/8, day 31.
@Blackmoon @swaniegee tag who ever you think may be interested

I will pick it up a little later. Until then

16 Likes

Ooo I like the use of hooks for the lst its so fiddly tying knots under nodes

3 Likes

No kidding/ Much faster, you can move them and oh so easy. The lighter weight ones are 14 gauge electric fencing wire. I’m not sure but I think the heavier ones are 12 gauge wire

2 Likes

You can see them much more clearly at An auto, three photos and a clone

2 Likes

2ND INSTALLMENT
LST completed between 5/21 and 5/26. The amount of LST and the time was actually quite minimal. On day 55, 6/1 switched to 12/12 light schedule. Between 6/4 and 6/12, where I pick up the photos, just let it grow. On 6/1 she was 9" and on 6/12 grew to 17"

@Blackmoon @Druiddescent @kdawg @GreenSnek @Happilyretired @Dreamer @Caligurl @Unknown @Midlander @borialis

6 Likes

A lot of branching because all growth tips were topped 2X on 5/18
I MAY HAVE GOT CARRIED AWAY WITH TOPPING

@AutoMattik @Arrow

5 Likes

With topping 2X I wanted to fill up the net

6 Likes

Looks great!!! Great job! Following… i wanna be like you when I grow up! Lol

1 Like

Young at heart and spirit, physical age, no so much.

2 Likes

I’m 39. But because of my condition my body is like 90 :rofl:

1 Like

Late 60’s. All things considered I still do most of what I want to do. No more tennis - arthritis, no more basketball - knees, no more ladders or roofs - vertigo. We do what we can do. Wish you well!

3 Likes

Same to you! Im an electrician. I have CMT1A which basically takes away the ability to walk, lots of nerve pain and loss of hand strength. Lots of other symptoms but idk how lobg ill be working so im here preparing my future lmao

4 Likes

A few more to go. Catch you later @Tinman

7 Likes

Looks perfect to me. I got a question for you. I like the way your putting dates and details on your photos, how do you do that? I know how to take a screenshot and edit it but how do you how do you Put typed print on there?..:+1::v:

1 Like

Nice work. Super healthy looking.

1 Like

Thanks. It takes some time to go through the process but what else does a retired fart have to do.
This is what I do. All of my pictures are taken with a Canon Rebel XTi. I upload and save them to my laptop. Old school. Pull the compact disk and stick it in the reader. It is supposed to have a cable but who knows where that is.
this is the screen that comes up when I open a picture

I use Edit with 3D Paint to enter text and is accessed through Edit & Create in the upper right. When done I save it in Pictures files in the folder location I want.
I believe some use their phones but this subject matter I not something I want on my phone. The other thing is I don’t know how to use it and I am not sure even where it is.

5 Likes

Thanks. Previous grow of Northern Lights. It was a very different approach to what I am doing with my current AK-47s. You have to try things to find stuff out. Have to admit it was a pretty clean grow.

1 Like

interesting

1 Like

In the 1st picture, has that plant been uppotted with nodes below the soil line?

1 Like

give me a post reference

1 Like