First timer with zero knowledge except what I've read here... any (good) advice welcomed

:+1:thanks buddy!

1 Like

You can get them on amazon more than likely you could get just the ballast for the light for $40-$60. Dimmable ballast probably closer to the $60-75$ range maybe but worth it.

What is a ballast its basically the functioning system of a hps or mh light with out it they dont work do to sodium contained in the bulbs and much higher output than a regular house light.

2 Likes

Just a quick update… scrapped the whole dumb hps light idea and decided to go with 2 125w cfl bulbs. Hopefully they’ll be good enough! The stick worked great, she grabbed ahold and shimmied right up it! We’re getting the ph worked down to right at 7 or a little under.
The very bottom leaves (the starters) have turned yellow and shriveled up, is that ok? Also there is some foreign body popping up about 2 inces from my little lady, any ideas what it could be and what should I do with it?
That is all I got for now! Thanks Everybody! May your side always be the greenest!

1 Like

Was it the embryonic leaves,or first true leaves

1 Like

The very first guys that popped the soil. I’m guessing that is “embryonic”? @Majiktoker tell me something good!

The round ones were embryonic leaves if it was them thats fine thats telling you your plants are able to take nutrients in small amounts now

1 Like

Newbie here as well. Looks like your lighting’s too high as she’s stretching. Lower lights and if she stays spindly transplant and cover stem to about an inch fr nodes. I had lights too high and had to do the same. We’re vegging now. Gotta show girls

3 Likes

were in transition. Wouldn’t haveade it this far without my ILGMFamily!!!

7 Likes

@Laurap how many seeds/plants you have there? Looks nice! What is your tent size? I just did one seed for my first time out. Hopefully I can learn all the tricks of training to get her spread out. Good luck with yours I will be interested to see how you fare at harvest!!!

3 Likes

Got six going. Three Amnesia haze & three Ak47

3 Likes

In hindsight I probably would’ve started with four. Hubby wanted 9, I wanted 4, so we met in middle at 6. Honestly with fewer plants I still think I would have a sea of green as there would be more room. Didn’t attempt much this grow as I was to fearful about hurting them. Gonna try some chronic widow and gold leaf next grow. Will have to manipulate those girls as they get huge. SCROGing next time. Only used LAST this round.
Made plenty mistakes but with all these fantastic folks on the forum and Roberts guides and Bible, all my girls are making it rather well.
Wish you a bug free, temp and humidity in check grow.
Would love to follow your progress✌

4 Likes

@EveryBody! :laughing: so here we are 1 month in. First and only planned transplant just completed. Turned out the entire root structure had grown through the coco net the plant was in and were hanging in the runoff water collection container below. So apparently I was growing Hydroponically but by accident. Maybe next round I will just go that route and see how it goes! But for this time we moved into a bucket full of composted cow manure with some coco blended in… Hopefully she will overcome the stress of the move and get ready for some training sessions! Back to the reading to see how it is done! Wish me luck! :v:

3 Likes

What size is that pot? Doesn’t look nearly big enough for a final transplant.

5 gallon bucket… ?..

1 Like

Ah ok.5 gallon is fine. Just didn’t look that big in the photo.

Phew. Scared me a little for a second there :hushed::grinning:

1 Like

plenty of holes in that for aeration? Is that a cat liter 5 gallon pail? Love it!

Re-purpose! Re-use! @LawryP

2 Likes

2@bob31 yes sir! On all counts… you have an excellent eye!

1 Like

I keep one in the shed. load my tools in there. And then I sit on it when I need a quick place to rest my butt. Great for storing stuff that the mice might chew into over the winter in the shed… i lost a big bag of grass seed a few years ago! @LawryP Good deal!

1 Like

I took my eyes off of her for 2 days and this!?!?! WTF?!?! Is she a total goner or can she be pulled back from yhe edge? @Rugar89 @Hogmaster @bob31 @Majiktoker @garrigan62 @ANY&Everybody who may be able to help if there is any or comfort me if there is none!!!