First timer with need of assistancešŸ˜

Oh yeah picked 2 6in ones from Walmart yesterday lol

@Drinkslinger besides what I have there what else will I need? Obviously soil and nutes, but am I forgetting anything else?

Oh the list can be huge, or small. It depends on how minimalist you want to grow.
Right off the bat Iā€™d get some opaque solo cups for germinating seeds, some 3% peroxide, seedling specific soil, (you donā€™t need much), some ratcheting hangers for the lights, a cheap little spray bottle.
Iā€™m probably missing things. I accumulate stuff constantly as each grow seems to require something new.

1 Like

Lol. Dang I d forget about the cups lol. And true about the ratcheting hangers. Got a spray bottle already. What would the peroxide be used for @Drinkslinger

Multiple uses. But first is few drops in the water you germinate seeds in.

Oh ok. Thought about going old school and placing seed in the solo cup of soil or go with the wet paper towel trick. But open to suggestions for sure. Yiu guys are def more experienced than I am lol

Be careful with those fabric pots doesnā€™t retain water very well at first till itā€™s gets a watering or 2 going through it

1 Like

There are a few ways to germinate seeds. The one Iā€™ve had almost 100% success with is:
Fill small opaque container with distilled water (2-4oz), add 5mlĀ± 3%h2o2,(itā€™s not exact, just donā€™t over do it), drop in seed, cover and place on heated seedling mat,(a warm sunny windowsill will also work). Cover and wait 24 hours, check to see if seed has cracked or sprouted a tail. Recover and check again the next day. When a the tail is 1/3ā€-1ā€2ā€ itā€™s time to drop in soil.
Take an opaque solo cup, melt some 1/8-1/4ā€ holes around the bottom lip, and 4-5 holes in the bottom. Fill within 1ā€ of the top with seedling soil. Wet the soil with distilled h2o. Poke a hole about 1/3ā€-1/2ā€ in the soil with a pen or pencil.
Remove sprouted seed from h2o with tweezers and place in soil with the tail end down into the hole you just made. Cover LIGHTLY with soil, just enough to cover the seed completely. Give a good spray of distilled water, cover solo cup with humidity dome, (I use a smaller clear plastic cup, but a cut off soda bottle will work too). Place directly under cfl bulb set to 24/0, (I still use the seedling mat). Wait 12 hours, check, give a little spray if it looks dry, then wait another 12 and repeat.
I usually see cotyledons with 24-36 hours.
:+1:

1 Like

Yup. That was my next recommendation.

Consider what youā€™ll be placing the fabric pots in, as well as how youā€™ll keep them slightly elevated, (I use 14ā€ sections of pvc. Do not use wood or organic material).
I keep my plants in large plastic bins. Theyā€™ll hold several gallons of runoff.

1 Like

Wow thx for the fail safe step by steps instructions. Very easy to follow. You guys are great. What are you growing there @Drinkslinger

@wildride420 will keep that in mind. Should I put disposable aluminum oven roasters in the tent then the fabric pots in them?

That was ilgm grandaddy purple. I dropped the temps into the 40ā€™s f at night in the 2nd half of flower to bring out those colors. Poor thing. Great smoke though.
That pic was after I pulled off the Scrog net. Thatā€™s why itā€™s so rectangular.

That will work.
People use all kinds of things.
As long as it can contain your runoff itā€™s good.

So that explains the shape then. Looking forward to trying that strain. Itā€™s on my top 10 from my list for ilgm

Right now ilgm Bruce banner is my favorite.

Iā€™ve got cali Dream, pineapple haze, and gold leaf ready to go outside as soon as Mother Nature stops with the cold rainy weather.

Lol pineapple haze sounds real good. Iā€™ve tried Bruce banner b4 and itā€™s really good.

Your tent should come with a removable washable tray the covers the bottom

Thatā€™s awesome. Iā€™m so impatiently waiting to get my funds together lol.

Same here man lol Iā€™m upgrading big time

Lol nice, what all upgrades are you getting?