First timer with auto seeds

Looking for advice with auto flower and auto pots any advice welcome

6 Likes

@Dee11 Let me tag 2 people I know who grow autos and use auto pots. @Nicky and @Not2SureYet. I grow autos in soil and fabric pots. And welcome to the community.

4 Likes

Welcome dee

I have a few questions for you. Are you using 5 gallon fabric pots or plastic pots with your AutoPot system? If plastic pots, what size, and are you going to use an AirDome?

Do you have any specific questions?

1 Like

Welcome to the forum. Are you going to be using soil or coco with this?

I am not sure I am getting this :thinking: You water from the top till the plant is big enough to put in a pot and turn it on. Fabric are better I think too. But you can do well in a hard pot too. Just what I have learned so far. @Seeddog uses autopots as well and @Nicky was all ready tagged :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@Dee11 welcome to the forum!

Plastic 3.9 gallon no airdome and I am using green leaf nutrients and ts1000 leds

Also coco and clay pellets haven’t potted up yet have seeds in rockwool in hortipot

1 Like

Nope water from the catch tray then from the top so the roots have water to stretch out to below. Keeps the plant from stunting.

Hu? Not sure what your describing but doesn’t seem to be a sort of full sentence answer type thing.

Fabric pots only. Under the pot is a water catch round or square tray to catch the run off water. Following along so far? Well if so you water in the run off catch tray first. The water will soak up into the fabric pot and then after you water from the top you can be sure that the bottom of the pot will not be dry and ensure the roots will grow to their maximum potential. Hope this helps with your confusion. :joy::v:

Seems like a very odd strategy and here is why.

When watering from the top it pushes run off, excess waste down past the root zone and out.

When in a system that is bottom feed like autopots they explicitly say do not water from the top down as the salts are slowly pushed. Up and rest in the top layer of the medium.
Mixing these two has your waste mixing.

Just a thought from very tried and true methods who have done their research.

4 Likes

My fat buds all say different but whatever floats your boat! If you notice I always put a :v: Sign. That means peace. I think you should move along with your unreadable confusing charts and just firget I exist please! Thanks :pray:t2:

1 Like

Just a thought perhaps you should consider what people with years of experience and posted grow journals over someone who literally joined two days ago. I mean it’s your call.

4 Likes

Sound good best of luck :v:

2 Likes

It’s okay @SKORPION everyone has the right to grow how they wish, let him be but I hear what your saying man.

4 Likes

I hear her and she’s correct with all the variables not being how I grow. What works for me works for me. Two days on here but growing for 30 years. My buds are just happy. And so am I. I appreciate the feedback and look forward to more. Thanks @Nicky truly.

2 Likes

Now I’m confused…
You want feedback but you don’t want to listen to what I have to say or consider the theorys?

Ps I’m a him but all good not sweating it.

Pss. I’ve seen growers who have grown for 30+ years that can grow but when you get someone who is a couple years in, devotes hours and hours everyday to forums, YouTube, reading and searching studies, digging deep, while still growing and tweaking and communicating with a whole community full of experienced growers who are working with the best cutting edge of technology and knowledge… It trumps any one’s person’s X amount of years.

Not to take away from you or any other old time grower. It’s just that with today’s world we can break down facts every day more and more even though growing cannabis has been a fairly poor researched topic it still has had a significant amount of study over the years and much more currently. This is thanks to legalization in places like Canada federally, and a competive legal market with biioks of dollars at stake. As well as the advances in technology made available to home growers all around the world.
Heck I can buy a Liquid chromatography cabinoid test for 100$ to accurately lab test my own cabinoid levels to prove just how potent my buds are as well as how much each variable I change within the grow effects the end product. a 1000x digital microscope for 15$ can visually prove how much tricomb production I have in each different plant or strain, or when to perfectly harvest them so there isn’t much debate.
Or we can use PAR meters to prove how much better LED’s are, not to mention the studies.

So while some may be stuck in their ways and wish to just share what they do then that’s fine, most are on here to learn to optimize their grow. Take in new information and debate current ideas or theorys, some us even run backyard experiments.
Do as you wish it’s a free country but I shall let you be as that’s what you stated. I am happy to spend my time on others.
As I’m sure others are as well

6 Likes

Welcome to the community ! I usually grow Autos in 5 gallon fabric pots, also fim the top one time at about 5 nodes
From my experience It is important to not do anything to slow the Autos down they have a short veg cycle. Good luck :+1:

2 Likes

Im new but nicky knows what I’m asking I think because I’m running auto pots 3.9 gallons plastic pots coco and clay pebbles hydro gold leaf nutrients ts 1000 leds

5 Likes

@Nicky has got you covered !

4 Likes