First timer w/ Headband indoor

They’re looking great to me. New leaves almost every other day. Does this look about right for 15 days from sprout?

I got cheap on the filter and ordered a vivosun instead of the AC for twice as much. I’m getting great flow through it even with the dust cover back on it now, so I think it will do fine. If you scroll up far enough, you’ll see what I upgraded from. :laughing: I feel like a professional now compared to what I was working with, but hey, it got me this far without killing them.

2 Likes

Got the wires cleaned up so it isn’t such a spaghetti bowl.

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

2 Likes

4th nodes are clearly defined on both, #1 slightly further ahead. #2 is making up ground, though. Going to water tomorrow morning. First water in 4 days since I drenched them after transplant.

2 Likes

For reference.

Lights adjusted to 700 PAR, 46 DLI. 41-51 is considered optimal DLI, so I’m just shooting for the middle. Holding them short and stocky until topping. Then lights will be raised to get them to stretch a little.

Reference: After more reading, 41-51 DLI is optimal for flowering. Moved lights up to reach 500 PAR. Should help them start stretching to give me some space to make the first topping between nodes 5-6. 4th true leaves are fully formed on both, with the 5th set sprouted. Watered until runoff on both today, pH of runoff was 6.9, so I think my water was a little higher. Should have tested it again today, I made it last night. Lesson learned. TDS on #1 was 1200, #2 1900. Kind of to be expected after the extra water I gave #1 Monday to flush it a little because of the singed tips. Pictures again tomorrow at 3 weeks.

2 Likes

Already starting to stretch a little bit. Everything looking good so far. Temperature is getting up to 90 in the tent during heat of the day, but humidity is holding at 60%.

1 Like

@JaneQP @Borderryan22 @Storm
So far I’m liking this Headband strain.

2 Likes

Looking good! If you can’t get the temp down, maybe try to bump rh up just a couple points. Not drastic or anything, just don’t wanna let them get dry from the heat.

1 Like

I am working on getting the exhaust vented directly outside the shed this weekend. Just going to set up a 4" dryer vent through the back wall and run the duct to it instead of up and over the tent towards the door. I set up an oscillating fan by the open door today to help push the hot air out for now. Gulf coast is a little warm and humid, so I’m just doing the best I can. That’s partly why I chose this time of year… but it’s almost 90 right now outside in December…

2 Likes

I’m along gulf coast too. It’s been 80° for a few days after getting lows in the mid 40’s last week. Front coming through right now though that’s should push us to highs in the low 60’s in a week :unamused:

1 Like

I hope so!

1 Like

5th nodes are fully formed. 6th have sprouted…topping day is getting close.

@Storm @JaneQP When do you top it exactly? As soon as there is enough space between nodes 5-6 that I can cleanly snip, or wait until a 7th node has sprouted…?? How close to the 5th node do I cut it?