First timer w/ Headband indoor

I feel for you. Right now ambient RH is 25% here. I hang two wet towels in the tent and can get humidity up to 45%, but with temps fluctuating between 80 and 65 I am surprised my girls are hanging in there!

It’s 44° outside right now where I’m at. My humidifier is reading 60%, by my hygrometer is showing 50-55%. My heater is running on a thermostat with a 1° heating differential, so it drops to 82° and the heater brings it up past 83° and shuts back off. I can set it to whatever I want and hold it there. But the intake air is so low RH I can’t overcome it even with the humidifier running non stop. Should I lower the temp and keep the humidifier running to reach a better VPD, or is keeping the babies at a warmer temp more important? To get my VPD down from 1.5 to 1, I would have to hold humidity around 55, but drop my temp to about 70°. I don’t know whether the heat or the VPD are more important to plant health, especially at this early stage and right after transplant.

Slight burn in the tip of two leaves on #1 today. Watered heavily with pH spring water, and a dab of cal mag solution just in case it’s a deficiency…

I think I did something to upset #1… she’s got a couple of singed tips.

2 Likes

Look nice n green just keep doing what ur doing.

I live in panhandle Texas. Humidity is always an issue. My clone/auto tent sits on 60%. My flower tent sits on 40% during the day and rises to 60 lights out. Only a small humidifier in 2x4 clone tent. I never have a ton of issues. A little slower growth in clones but i have patience. If drier i water. If higher humidity i dont. I never worry a lot unless an issue myself. Tried the let me get perfect humidity thing. Now i only stress the drying tent keeping it 55-65%. This is just me in soil. Cannabis being a weed helps. Can grow in many environments. Especially that ruderalis. I look at plants themselves WAY more than meters.

3 Likes

I’m hoping this will help me out… just waiting for the ducts to come in so I can set up the exhaust and they’ll be going into there.

3 Likes

That will be perfect. Fun time. A little beeswax on the zipper. I bet you will attain muscle memory on the zipping unzipping motion for a while…grin.can put them in now and leave unzipped.

2 Likes

Now that they’re in their 3g pots, I’m able to water a little less often. Hopefully that will cut back on having open it. :laughing:

1 Like

Smart call on the beeswax! All the complaints I read on every tent were zippers sticking!

1 Like

I’m not feeling like such an idiot anymore messing with that cardboard box. :laughing: :rofl: :joy:

3 Likes

Let the games begin. Grab your stool…radio and sunglasses. Smoke a fatty and hangout with the ladies…:grin:

2 Likes

Sounded like a great idea. :laughing:

4 Likes

@JaneQP @Storm

2 Likes

2 Likes

Nice! Looks great. That temp and humidity is spot on.

2 Likes

That exhaust controller for the ac cloudline t4 is bad ass, and it’s cool how it mounted to their tent. Next step is running the ducting to a dryer vent or something through the wall to put it out of my shed, and eventually probably an intake line running out of the shed to a vent as well. Gotta slow down for a little bit, though… the wife started noticing alllll the Amazon boxes showing up and asking questions about how much I was spending on all this. :laughing:

2 Likes

LOL! Hubs did not notice my purchases until the second tent was almost set up!

2 Likes

My wife pays the bills, so she noticed the $1000 payment to my capital one card I’m sure. :laughing:

1 Like

Nice I have two… Upgraded from Vivosun. Enjoy and good luck!

1 Like