First timer w/ Headband indoor

Maximum height is 48", but I’m probably going to try to end closer to 40". My shed has a pretty low ceiling. In 3g pots, and that kind of height, I’m Hoping some aggressive LST, and topping or fimming will let me get a decent yield and good quality buds.

So either this is reading real high…or I’m a little over board.

I wonder if that’s why I’m not getting any nute burn on my germinated seeds going straight into FFOF.

1 Like

Moved them both up about 10 inches, got the ppfd down to about 600 at the tops of the seedlings. Can they handle more a little later if I feed them enough? Or would I actually have to get into CO2 supplementation as well?

1 Like

I stay under 500 ppfd while plants are in veg, then go nuts in flowering where I often take them as high as 1500 ppfd and even a little more. So yeah, was pushing way too much light for seedlings.

I would not bother with CO2, usually not worth the hassle and cost to do it right (co2 tank and regulator) and not worth it when doing it wrong or on the cheap (co2 bags, bottles, etc…).

2 Likes

I’ll lift them more and see if I can get it down a little bit. Thanks for the help!

1 Like

Got it to right at 500, hopefully that is close enough. :laughing:

2 Likes

@Hellraiser
@Borderryan22
@JaneQP
@Storm

Looking good, first set of leaves has sprouted.

5 Likes

On your way…:grin:

3 Likes

Woo hoo! Great start.

2 Likes

Looking good over there!!!

1 Like

@MeEasy this is my journal. If you get a few minutes, scroll thru and see if you have any input on something I might be missing. Thanks!

1 Like

Nice!!!

1 Like

Moved lights to 700PAR to reach lower threshold of DLI @41. #1 looks strong, #2 is a couple days behind it.

1 Like

1 Like

Decided to go ahead and invest in an actual grow tent and exhaust system. 3x3x6ft tent with the cloudline t4 and carbon filter will arrive Wednesday. Babies looking good this morning.

When checking them this morning, roots had come out of the bottom drain hole on both cups. Went ahead with transplant, when cups were cut off roots had grown through to the walls so I think they were ready. Second true leaves have emerged on both. Ill be keeping a close eye on them over the next few days to monitor for any disruption in growth or signs of stress. Fingers crossed!
@JaneQP
@Borderryan22
@Storm
@Hellraiser

2 Likes

3 Likes

Lookin good!!!

1 Like

Wow! Very excited to watch this grow!

1 Like

I’m having some trouble…in all my reading and watching videos, I see recommended temp and humidity levels, and I’ve gone down a rabbit hole reading about VPD. So my issue is that at the moment, I’m having trouble getting over 55%-60% humidity, even when keeping the air at canopy level at 83°. Hopefully the tent arriving Wednesday will help, but right now it’s low humidity outside so I’m fighting a losing battle, and keeping it that warm in there is creating a high VPD with the lower humidity levels I’m holding. So my question I guess, is should I just water more often to compensate for the higher transpiration rate at a higher VPD to keep the temp higher for the babies, or do I lower the temp to accommodate the lower humidity and try to find the sweet spot on the VPD chart? I don’t know which is more important.