First timer w/ Headband indoor

@Storm @MeEasy @Hellraiser @JaneQP anything I’m missing, doing wrong? Looking at overhead picture of #1 I have a little more clearing to do in the hardest quadrant for me to reach, but I think I’m pretty close. They took their first dose of Beastie Bloomz tonight and start week 3 of flower tomorrow. As always, your input is greatly appreciated!

2 Likes

Look great. Letem veg a bit now i would think. Hittem again at flip. Then I personally do 1 more touchup at end of stretch. Just me. A thousand styles.

They are 2 full weeks into flower now. :laughing: :rofl:

1 Like

Darn man i am behind. Yea letem use those solar panels to feed the flowers. After stretch much less fan growth. I learned to keepem all. I defoliate like a monster all the way to flower building my shapes on photo then just air them out and tuck more than remove. Just me. Look at this crazy girl i had dropped and broken. 3x3 tent. I broke her main cleannoff…lol. rebuilt her.

4 Likes

If you look back a little bit through this feed, they looked like that up until last week. I let them veg without touching them for almost 3 weeks before going into flower 2 weeks ago. I just started clearing them out to try to help get light to everything…I thought I needed to do that before they get too deep into flower. I didn’t want to cut on them much after this week so I don’t cause any more undue stress than necessary as the flowers start to develop. I guess we will see how it works out, too late now. :laughing:

Light penetration important but i wait for final hard…sorta…prune till they have the shape and size they will keep. Then i tuck more than remove unless it has to come off. Last gg i barely pruned. Buds got huge and ate almost all the fan leaves.

1 Like

When does the stretch typically end?

Depends. A lot of factors. Temps and humidity can slow it. Most say 3 weeks or so. Last gg stretched 4 then stopped. I fim very hard on the big plants so i usually get a massive fillout over vertical. I hardly touch my auto. All natural on those girls with minimal prune.

1 Like

I’ll leave that back quadrant alone, and see what happens with those branches vs the rest. They’ve been in 12/12 for 14 days, so week 3 begins tomorrow.

1 Like

They seem like they’ve slowed down already a little, I am packing the light on them hard.

1 Like

One of the things i love is experimenting. I had the 4x8 filled to the walls with 3 styles 1 time…lol. screwed my whole system up but was fun. Had to pull rails and go to my qboards. Singled out each area. 1 was tall…1 was everywhere and 1 was lst. Out of the 3 styles…all gg clones…the straight up fimmed in a 20gal produced the biggest most dense of the 3 types. Have not grown the gg to maturity in anything but a 20 since. They will completely fill a 3x3 wall to wall. Last plant netted 14 oz dry with 5plus oz edibles trim.

1 Like

Just an aside here. IF you decide to experiment…lose the net. Much easier to get in and around each project plant without 1. I tried a scrog. My growstyle and love of hands on each girl did not fit it. Almost killed it anyway with a huge ph prob. Fans dropped off and buds stopped growing and just ripened. Whole batch went into edibles. A whole 2x4. GREAT edibles by the way. 1 brownie and done. Have to eat halves.

1 Like

I liked the net… up until trying to trim them this week. :laughing: I think I’ll be trying stakes or something next time.

I put quite a bit of forethought into all this, but not being able to take the girls out or move them after they really grew into it wasn’t one of the things that crossed my mind.

They look great to me. I haven’t tried a net yet and relied on plant yo-yos last grow since I had colas flopping over. Still tough to trim with all those strings.

2 Likes

I use plant stakes @JaneQP . 3 feet long or longer. Work awesome.

2 Likes

3 Likes

4 Likes

3 gallons of Beastie Bloomz/cal mag split between them. Seem to like it. Tonight marks the beginning of week 3 flower. Sledgehammer Flush coming at the end of this week per FF feeding chart.

5 Likes

that sledge hammer makes the water look black lol