First Timer - Tangie plants - They look ready to top or fim. Are they? Please help

Again thanks so much for your feedback and the points made above are all awesome :slight_smile:
I have two auto flower Gorilla Glue (ILGM seeds) going indoors.
If you have time please take a look at those, all input is appreciated.

2 Likes

Ive seen guys with stipules… i think? Lol but i do got some regular seeds so whenever I flower, we can revisit the theory

1 Like

Thanks @grizZz
That is exactly what I wanted to hear LMAO!

Okay y’all I will keep everyone informed of my findings when it shows for sure…fingers crossed!

2 Likes

Either way when it does decide to show you what it is…THATS the spot it will do it

1 Like

Stipules protect the new shoot. That is their function, they have nothing to do with plant sex.

2 Likes

Thanks Professor Pothead! Lol too lazy to google myself.

1 Like

Professor pothead… thats a good one! Lol :laughing: I smell a name change comin on?

2 Likes

So stipules act like thorns in cannabis too :sunglasses::grin:

1 Like

You just need to watch those stipules closely… if male, you will see a tiny ball:

They start out super tiny… if it’s a female that ‘ball’ will be shaped more oblong and have hairs (pistils) starting to grow from them.

3 Likes

Perfect picture - thank you :blush:

2 Likes

@Hellraiser @PurpNGold74 @UGrowGIRL

Hi everyone!
So I was away for 4 days and here is what one of my tangies look like:

It looked like a spider had wrapped those leafs with its web.

I did see a couple of leaf hoppers on them and have sprayed them with soapy water. Not a bunch of them but still…any ideas on what the deal is? I manually kinda separated the leaves.

The plants needed water but were not totally bone dry (verified by weight and probe insertion at various depths). Pulled some leaves off that look sick. See below:

I did give it it’s first nutes today since it is week 6 in FFOF. Using Robert’s ilgm nutes.

Thanks to everyone and sorry for not tagging all that help me, on my phone and don’t know how to look at prior post while replying.

2 Likes

Yeah looks like a bug problem, I’d treat with Neem oil or Capt Jacks Deadbug.

2 Likes

Right on @Hellraiser Ordering some tonight.

2 Likes

@Hellraiser @PurpNGold74 @latewood @UGrowGIRL @Caligurl

Quick update

So I sprayed my girls with Jack’s dead bug and not a bug to be found. Thanks Hellraiser!

Also, while looking at them, I noticed this growing.

All pics are same area but hand was not steady so I included all of them:

Can someone please tell me if that is a calyx starting to grow? Like preflowering?

Not gonna lie I am crossing my fingers that it is a girl :crazy_face:

Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

No not yet

1 Like

I’m leaning towards female just because of how long and pointy it is and it appears there might be a pistile coming out. You should know for sure here in the next few days to a week.

2 Likes

@grizZz @Caligurl

So I actually got my loupe out and looked at them up close and it is clear that 2 ‘hairs’ are coming out of this pear shaped thingy…
Coincidentally I just received my ‘Marijuana Grow Basics; The easy guide for cannabis afficionados’ By Jorge Cervantes (the bible should arrive in a couple of days I think) and he has the perfect Pre-flower chapter and his photos match what I am seeing. Especially with the loupe.

The ‘hairs’ are called pistils and he says most have a pair of these. Mine does have a pair. The pear shaped thingy is the female calyx. Finally he says that “the appearance of pre-flowers does not depend on photo period. It occurs when a plant is old enough to show signs of sexual maturity, about 6 to 8 weeks from seed germination.”

So I am calling it a girl. Will keep you posted just in case I’m wrong lol.

Thanks so much y’all. Grow on!

2 Likes

Patience young padawan

3 Likes

Yes sir! Indeed…I’m so excited though…pathetic really. My wife rolls her eyes at me lmao.

3 Likes

Same…my wife keeps saying “just leave them alone and let them grow, a watch pot never boils” :rofl:

3 Likes