First timer! Stretched mayb

Been an awesome journey ILGM kudos!! Your wealth of knowledge has been great and exciting.
Started 3 Auto Northern Lights. Used all ILGM kits on 2, mixed leftover soils and added happy frog to third. The 3 rd one is transplanted last night. Other 2 5gal n 3gal expansion pot.
I kept 2 fab pot in greenhouse couple days and just seemed to hot for them so put outside today next to planted in outside ground. 2 in fabric 3rd transplanted into outside ground mixed with above soils and natural Indiana dirt (good ass dirt).
May 10th was first peek out of soil! Today May 21st. I think they look great EXCEPT they are tall as hell and I had to tape up to bamboo stick already. Weather just turned good for outside been in 80s last couple days stay that way now, lows High 50s.
Advice Thanks!!

1 Like

2 Likes

Just add more soil bury it higher up on stem

2 Likes

Welcome, I’m wanting to put some outside as well in pots around the pond and some in the ground as well and don’t know anything about growing outside so thanks for sharing.

Try to get them a bit more direct sunlight. This midday intensity maybe a tad strong. So shading is recommended. But around 5-6 get em in direct light. And early am til about 10 am have em in full sun.

Also somewhere the wind blows a bit would help strengthen those stems.

1 Like

Thank you got them settled into better soil support and taped gently surrounded by buddies in pots to protect from too much wind. Updates to come but here’s some pics.
image0.jpegimage1.jpegimage2.jpegimage3.jpeg

Also a first timer, but I am not able to make a post yet. I am in need of some help. It’s been 5 full days since I planted my autos (Sour Diesel, Super Skunk, AK-47) and they all have sprouted, but they seem to be very tall and lanky. I am running a viparspectra par450w LED at 60R/60W/15B and its hanging at ~26" ( I think ) about my ladies. I had it at 36" yesterday, but dropped it down some when i noticed they shot up like crazy. Anyone have this light that might have any suggestions or just any suggestions in general? I would hate to lose them, but I have more seeds for back up just incase something like this happened.

@grownewbie1 welcome to ILGM

Do you have a link to the light on amazon? 36 may have been too far. Lets see how 26 does

Also if u look at the top of the post, ull see @TheMentalHealthGardner set a little stick in dirt and tied them to the stick. Ive used popsicle sticks. Tooth picks. A nail lol. Just lean em on the support. And bury some dirt up around that stem.

1 Like

Viparspectra PAR450W

Hope you only planted 3 or 4 total lol. You should be fine at 26 for now. Got any pics?

2 Likes

I only have 3 planted. One of them seems like the leaves curled in a little bit. I also have another light i could throw in there with this one, but im not sure if its okay to mix 2 different lights in one tent.

1 Like

Sure. More light the merrier. But seedlings should be fine with just the vipar. 26 should fix ur stretching issues. If they keep it up. Drop to 22. But keep a close eye

1 Like

Thanks a lot man. I went up to 26” and they seem to be doing better. Is temperature in the tent crucial?

1 Like

Try to stay as close as you can to this chartand the plants will do their best. Since I’ve tried to follow this the growth has exploded

2 Likes

Temps and humidity effect VPD (basically the breathability) of ur ladies

2 Likes

Update day 16 I’m excited they look very good to me. Thoughts?

2 Likes

Awsome!!!

Day 35!!!

2 Likes

Im seeing pistils on a few! Flower hour is upon you

2 Likes

Days 40-45

1 Like