First timer - plant had a hard start

Hello fellow growers! I started my first ever grow 7 weeks ago and have been reading and reading ever since. Thank you all for such a great forum, I am learning soooooo much about my fascinating new hobby :slight_smile:

I started 2 photo fem NL#5 seeds at the same time, had planned to grow outside in pots, but wound up buying a tent, exhaust, cheap $40 COB light, and building 2 more COB bricks.

This plant on the right was found bent over / laying down twice when they were outside on a windy day 3 weeks in. It had been stretching since day 1. There is a noticable S bend in the stalk, but she seems to be strong. I’ve noticed over the last week that roots are becoming exposed and twisting around the stalk. Is this something I should be concerned about? Should I add another inch or 2 of soil to cover them up better?

Thanks in advance for looking.

2 Likes

cover it up with more dirt

3 Likes

Welcome to the community !

2 Likes

Thank you! I am truly loving this, and it is a great bunch of people here :slight_smile:

1 Like

I may have created some timing issues by starting a third plant germinating directly in soil with fluorescent bulbs sitting directly on the planter to see if sprouting under close light could give me a shorter bushier plant. It has (so far.) So the plan is to keep the 2 NL in veg until the 3 week seedling Skywalker OG is ready to flower.

But since I’m impatient I’ve paper toweled 2 Auto Lemon Haze seeds which were put in those 3 gal fabric pots this morning.

I don’t think my 2x4 tent is quite big enough… LOL

1 Like

welcome to crazy town. i start plants, clones, whatever because i cant stop and end up with waaay too many.

2 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome to the community.

2 Likes

I’ve started a grow journal if anyone would be interested in seeing what I’m up to. I’d appreciate any and all advice. Always good to have some experienced friends around to reel me back in when I start to go a little too far down the rabbit hole :slight_smile: