First timer inside

Hola Growmie, I would water in today at 3-5ml of calmag. Looks like a early calcium deficiency and usually accompanied with magnesium :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

3-5 mL of CalMag, wouldn’t hurt, and may help greatly.

2 Likes

So I have spots on a couple Tahoe plants
In another thread I have taken some action.
Still out of town till Thursday.
Pics are looking like a lot of development has gone on while gone.
Now in week 7.
Was planning on starting flush Monday.
Bumping up my ph and cal mag to deal with my spotty leaves.
Flushed a bit with this feed at ph7

Based on these pics do you think flush is ready in six more days.
I will get a better idea when I get back. I am sitting with time on my hands. The boys are surfing and my knee is done. Gonna see the doc when I return.

2 Likes

@Prock still seems like they have a lot of white pistols on there. Maybe a bit longer.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly.
Yet if I start a two week flush on Monday. Harvest would still be three weeks out….I have not flushed before. I have never really added nutes to my outside grows.
The flush seems like a timing game…

I wil know better by the end of the week when I get home. I can decide this weekend if I want to hold a bit more.

Hmmmmm!

2 Likes

I have never flushed. I see no reason. We don’t flush fruit trees etc. :man_shrugging:t3: I can’t be helpful with the flush timing but I can say it would be reasonable to expect having 2-3 weeks before harvest.

3 Likes

No flush. I thought it was pretty standard to flush.
Now something else for me to research!!!

1 Like

It is an incredibly common practice but the only evidence of anything I have seen surface is that flushing is just bro science. @Nicky had an article somewhere from High Times about blind taste testing. Most often, smokers preferred the flavor of the unflushed bud. Sorta makes some sense to me since the flush serves to make the plant begin consuming itself as nutrients to finish flowering (the idea being that it removes all the “bad” from the nutrients, but that in and of itself makes no logical sense. You used the nutrients to build the plant and create the bud. The nutrients are literally a part of the plant’s cellular structure. Rinsing the soil after you finish growing isn’t going to make that not true).

3 Likes

There is now a study, as well as hightikes panel.
Flushing actually increases heavy metala like iron and we get some cool colors but if your going after smoke and taste flush is a negative.
Bag appeal with certain strains flush can really bring out colors.

Some swear by it but blind tests and other more true data says no.

Try both with a clones and see what you prefer but don’t sweat it.

3 Likes

Let me save you some time…

Why do I flush? I don’t have to mix nutes for a couple of weeks.

3 Likes

Mind is blown.
Guess I don’t have to flush!!
Tripping

1 Like

@Prock @Newt @Nicky @Graysin what I said only made sense in my head lol. Hence the edit. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

This is a great reason. I seem to favor systems that share the reservoir, so it would really cramp my style to have to go buy, build, and set up a secondary reservoir just for flushing. :v:

3 Likes

Must be referring to a hydro set up.

I’m in soil so flush would make my life a bit easier. No nutes to mix.

But based on the research I read I am just gonna keep doing my thing.

I should get more pics here in a bit…

2 Likes

Correct. And since the idea is to no longer feed, I also don’t even bother checking the pH during the flush.

2 Likes

Yep. Saves money on nutes but doesn’t actually do anything to help the plant. Just yourself. :v:

2 Likes

@Newt Say Whaaaaaaat?? SINNER!! :japanese_goblin:

1 Like

Soil less aka coco autopots actually.
Solid advice from solid members here @Newt & @Graysin

The faster you move to coco the more you’ll love growing btw.

In soil I would just regular water and not mix nutes for the last bit. Don’t need to flush per say.

3 Likes

Yes coco is what a friend is using with great results. I mean great!
He is guarding his process but giving us some info. I understand why, and and happy for any of his wisdom after enjoying his results!!!

Without his full recipe I decided to go semi rogue and create my own formula.

Which led me to ILGM!…and to coco future!

For my current finish stage I will likely have a jug or two of my mix leftover.
I will just use it up.
Probably dilute it down for a week or so and then just water for the very finish.

Another question…
Outside I have always decided when the harvest would happen and not water at all until the plants were bone dry at harvest.

Same for inside?
Does it matter?

Always under impression it makes plant dry better and drives all energy to bud to save it…

1 Like

I don’t like to dry my plants out before harvest because we want as long as dry as possible Wich leads to a good cure.

Taking the plant from full mosture level to 62% humidity should be done as slow as possible, this is why people in dry climates like myself dry inside of a tent with a humidfior and a fan blowing to circulate the air.

A fast dry or cure is bad…
The idea is to remove the water slowly enough to let biological processes take place that convert the sugars and starches into harmless and flavorful compounds. Sugar or starch will give a harsh smoke that hurts the lungs.
Plants need sugars to live on and they produce them from fertilizer and sunlight. This curing process also breaks down some of the chlorophyll which give herb it’s green color. Too much chlorophyll gives an unwanted leafy taste.

-Nicky
:smiley_cat:

6 Likes