First timer indoor, new journal: Black Widow, Bruce Banner and GDP photos

Jeez, then I may do the Mimosa EVO and KoolAid Breath a slight injustice and flip reeeal early. Dude her branches are almost solid purple

3 Likes

I donā€™t know if you recall, but in my last grow I had a plant get way out of hand really fast. It was just her and a White Widow. I ended up topping her at the 7th node, stripped the bottom, super cropped EVERYTHINGā€¦ stem chiropractic to change the node alignmentā€¦ And tied her up like woah.

It was Old Manā€™s Seed

3 Likes

Donā€™t get me excited!

1 Like

4 Likes

Expanded the coco for the Mimosa EVO and @Graysin Farms KoolAid Breath, and@repins12 Border Jumper Auto. Thereā€™s another gallon of Jackā€™s waiting to give them a big drink.

I have to convince my wife to let me get 2 more caddys. Itā€™s either that or do the shuffle every time I feed, and my back just aint having it.

And I guess, just so I have it ready, Iā€™ll go fill up the first of many 5 gallon buckets. Maybe the wife wonā€™t mind if I pick up 2 more. If I keep 3 filled with water, and mix 1 using a ā€œuse firstā€ kind of system, I should only have to fill them once for the next month. Then every couple of weeks.

And I canā€™t decide squat, but I think Iā€™m going to flip on or close to April 8th. Old Manā€™s Seed Clone is going to be a monster if I wait until the 20th. Instead of monster colas, Iā€™ll top a couple of times, and spread her out.

Cookies Auto has maybe 2 or 3 days left hanging. Sheā€™s been at 70/45-50 since chop, and sheā€™s little, so 5 days would be great lol. Hopefully sheā€™ll be a really fat half when dry.

The early flip will impact yields a good bit, but Iā€™m ok with that. I want these plants to be some fxxxin A-1, primo, top shelf. Not even Top Shelf. Forget the Top Shelf. I want the stuff the owner keeps in a locked drawer for special occasions!

Stay Lit!!!

6 Likes

All transplants done. New plant caddys with collection trays will be here this evening, so everybody will be on wheels.

I really hope I can keep the OMSC flat like she is. As soon as the KoolAid Breath and Mimosa Evo catch up, itā€™s flip. Topping the KAB and ME tomorrow. 6th and 5th nodes juuuuuust forming, and I want them to have a little stem up top after the cut. OMSC will get some trim action and a little more pulling tomorrowā€¦

Hereā€™s some good individual shotsā€¦

Sniper Seeds (@repins12) Border Jumper Autoā€¦

@Graysin Farms KoolAid Breathā€¦

Old Manā€™s Seed Clone from @Underthestairsā€¦

Orchid inquiryā€¦ Iā€™m getting a lot of new fan leaves on this girl. But the stalks where flowers would bloom are going bye-bye. And ideas on how to veg some chutes out? I gotta train them vertically which is nothin, but what they need to start going? Iā€™m clueless. Same orchid from last yearā€¦

10 Likes

PPM question with answer I should knowā€¦

Mixing Jacks, with 20ml TPS Silica, at 4/2 is only giving me in the 780ppm area. I donā€™t even know what scale this damn meter uses, but what should I do to raise the TDS? Should I try 5/2.5? Iā€™m trying to hit between 1,000-1,100.

Quick reading of what my tds meter says after mixingā€¦

PPMā€¦783

us/cmā€¦ 1670

Am I good here? I feel kinda like an artard asking, but I also feel like my numbers should be higher.

Iā€™m using filtered/distilled/ro water (fillup station down the street) with 0ppm.

1 Like

I wish I could help brother. But those girls look great.

2 Likes

Big thanks @GreggT!

2 Likes

I wish we still had @Tylersays active around here to help with that one. Maybe @Lacewing knows? Or @Caligurl @JaneQP ?

Try 4/2.5, that should put you up over 800. Since youā€™re in distilled/RO I donā€™t think thatā€™s unreasonable. I use tap and after all my mix-ins I end up around 1200-1300, 150 or so being my tap.

3 Likes

Ok, I donā€™t think they would dislike more N either lol. Using tap my ppms hit up closer to 1050-1100. Muchas gracias amiga!

3 Likes

Yeah, a little more cal and a little more N isnā€™t a bad idea. Especially with 4g A, youā€™ll have enough Mg in there to help the Ca/Mg stay in balance. :v:

4 Likes

Beautiful. Actually, looking at the KAB from up top, she does look a teeny bit hungry for more N. Ever so slight fading on the bigger leaves. No burnt tips, that from touching the domes.

Iā€™ll throw 1.5 part B in the bucket now. I mixed 5 gallons this morning, and used 1.5 so letā€™s see if I canā€™t fudge this up nicely lol

3 Likes

What kind of orchid is it? You say flower spikes are going bye-byeā€¦ does that mean they start forming then die off? Fall off?

Edit: I also see leaves splitting which can be a few things and possibly related to the flower stems dying

4 Likes

Iā€™ve been ditching measuring water amounts. I mix my ratios at 2/4 and fill the res till Iā€™m at the TDS I want :metal:

I know I can fit 20 gal so I usually measure for 17 and just start filling

3 Likes

For the life of me, i have no idea what kind. A $10 grocery store, floral dept lol. I think the splitting leaves is from super dry environment. But these are dying after about 6 months, and Iā€™m trying to figure what i need to do to get some new ones really forming. I know they donā€™t grow vertical and I gotta train them upwards, but i gotta get them forming lol.

Iā€™ve just been feeding her Jackā€™s runoff diluted to 50% with distilled. Loved it up until a month or so ago.

4 Likes

It doesnā€™t really matter how much water for the pH right? 4/2 (8/4) in 2 gallons of distilled will still give the same pH reading as 4/2 in 1 gallon. Or am I way tf off?

3 Likes

Nah bro, youā€™re on solid ground. It will have a little difference in there but negligible unless your water ratio is vastly different

3 Likes

Word. And Part B doesnā€™t change much of anything pH wise. 1g took the 3 gallons mixed this am from 5.81-5.87. Went from 783 to 843. It looks like Part B may be right at 30ppm/gram.

I think Iā€™m going to do that tomorrow. Measure the ppm of a gram of each per gallon.

1 Like

Trim any dead spikes just below the good portion (if there is any left)ā€¦ if now, remove the spike as close to the bottom as you can but be sure to sterilize your scissors or trimmers.

You can also cut off the stem leaving two nodes (those little brown lines on the stem below where the flowers were) on the stem. One of these nodes will then initiate and generally produce flowers within eight to 12 weeks. Younger or weaker plants may not rebloom and some Phalaenopsis are genetically incapable of reblooming from the old spike. These are usually those that flower with branched spikes. Itā€™s always worth a try.

Split orchid leaves can be due to irregular watering, insufficient humidity, excessive direct sunlight or as a result of trauma to the orchid plant. However, sometimes even with excellent care orchid leaves can split and this is of no concern if the plant is otherwise healthy and well cared for.

4 Likes