First timer indoor, new journal: Black Widow, Bruce Banner and GDP photos

For fimming you can wait till 6th node and fim to the 5th. For topping you can do wait till 6th node and top to the 3rd, 4th, or 5th all depends on the structure you are trying to achieve. Trying to keep it shorter and bushier then top lower or vice versa.

1 Like

What do you mean by fluted? I think I understand, but I canā€™t explain what I think you mean at all. I had to stop by ol dude last night and he actually had some couch surfer. So, really not much more than just putting a tie around the main and giving them a 90Ā°?

2 Likes

Iā€™m having to figure a way to get them about 15" across each. I have 50 maximum inches for height.

1 Like

Gotta show em who the boss is right from the start lol

2 Likes

Top at 5 for me normally. New technique with the quadlined plants (which I think is my preference moving forward) is to remove nodes 1&2 keep 3&4 topping so node 5 is gone.

But its like patty cake fightingā€¦thats not how the song goesā€¦its Kung Fu man, WhuPlungPoo

2 Likes

Lmao youā€™re always there to give me a good laugh :smiley:

2 Likes

Now Iā€™m really scratching my head. Do you count from the top down? Just a little confused.

In cross section, they arenā€™t really round beyond seedling. it then starts to form a subtle rounded point star shape = fluted.

Sure if wanted to start bending the main over, no harm unless you break it lower then first set - then game over. So go gently, and subtle then advance a little at a time.

2 Likes

Ok i gotcha. I think Iā€™m gonna give them a few days then tie them over. Is it better to top/fim before or after this?

I donā€™t think it matters, what is your end goal.
Somehow Iā€™m interpreting 2 different strategiesā€¦if your gonna top/FIM, then you LST the secondaryā€™s flat/wide to create a flat canopy. If your gonna LST/HST the main horizontal and force the branches/secondayā€™s to turn upward, those will get super-cropped at some point to level the canopy.
What is your goal/strategy, or just thinking aloud?

2 Likes

Mostly think aloud. Strategically, well, thereā€™s not much set. I did go ahead and lay GDP over. Iā€™m trying to level them and can keep them about 18-20" tall at flip. That should give me just over double the space for flower stretch. I donā€™t think I have space to push a large quantity, so Iā€™m shooting for quality.

1 Like

I think I can get away with only light training, if any, with the BW. ILGM says sheā€™s a shorter, bushier plant, so probably just some good defol along the way. Iā€™ve seen a GDP from this batch of seeds already and it looked to go straight up.

Do one of each and see what you like in terms of easy/time/perform./quality/quantity.
Looks great, might need to lop the down pointing odd nodes(1,3,5,7) see if they turn upward. the evens will just start growing upward. Looks great! Gotta get ready to take puppy for first vet visit, back later.

2 Likes

Last question. What do you mean by lop? And good luck with the pup! Iā€™m done acting like a lost one for the day!

1 Like

Lop = prune. The nodes grow 90 out, so one node will likely point at the dirt, most of the time itā€™ll turn upward, that is unless you strategically bent at the 45 then your golden.

3 Likes

10-4. Will keep an eye. Thanks a lot.

1 Like

Trying 2 have bushes I c

1 Like

Nodes count from the bottom always. If you have a girl that wants to grow super tall you could main or quadline herā€¦ itā€™ll keep her a pinch smaller while the other ones catch up in shrubiness

1 Like

Happy cannavesary

2 Likes