First Timer Indoor GSC Auto

Some frost showing up, happy holidays everyone!

1 Like

I plucked one of the lower larfy useless growth on the Big plant (not Small which had that random ball sack a couple weeks ago) and I think what I am seeing here is seed production???

What do you all think? Is she making seeds?

Need a clearer picture

1 Like

@MeEasy can you take a look for @anon51478927 ? I see what kind of look like watermelon stripes.

2 Likes

Thanks for the tag Ms @JaneQP , hi @anon51478927 I hate to say it but I’m 99% sure the two things I circled are male parts and not seeds I would get those away from your grow and look over your entire plant for more of them. Some plants will make a couple of them and some will continue making them if you let one open it will probably pollinate your whole room as of now those look like they didn’t open so you’ll be okay but still might get a few seeds

1 Like

Thank you, this was a very low piece on a bushy plant, it is a small piece of growth that received little/no light. I halfway broke it off when watering, and plucked it. My jaw dropped when I saw this, it looks like seeds to me, not male parts but I really do not know anything. I discarded it; I can not provide better pictures unfortunately. I examined the rest of the plant, I do not see anything else like this. The bud sites that are getting light do not appear to have any of this going on. I have two plants in this tent, the other one threw up a herm sack a couple weeks ago that I immediately misted and ripped off with tweezers. That instance seemed to be a result of bending the stem too much with LST. Have not seen anything else since. I only noticed this one because I damaged it when watering. I hope this is a case for defoliating the lower part of the plant, and not a case of complete pollination! I will be less disappointed than most though, I don’t care too much if it is ruined, just doing this for hobby to make medicine that I can give away to family members in need. Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate it, the parts you circled are exactly what I was trying to capture in the photo.

1 Like

I have a couple pictures that might help you know what to look for, as @JaneQP mentioned watermelon male flowers most of the time have stripes like a watermelon before they open because inside is what looks like a banana bunch you can see this in the first picture. Then in some cases you can get pollen sacks they’re round and have powder inside girl parts are mostly shaped more like a teardrop and most have pubic hairs (pistils) coming out of the tip… hope this helps you out but feel free to holler at me if you have any questions I’ll try to help, just @ me like this @anon51478927

male-plant
Female-1

1 Like

Very informative, thank you so much!! I will keep an eye on this plant like a hawk. It seems like I caught them before they burst, and that is just dumb luck. There is some other sketchy larfy type growth down there that I will rip off. As I mentioned the main bud sites are all white pistils and no sign of any plumpage (yet)

1 Like

Yeah it’s best to just get rid of all that little larfy crap , anything that doesn’t reach the canopy will just steal food from the good buds add an hour to your trim time and will probably not even fill a blunt… I draw an imaginary line about 1/3 to 1/2 up from the soil and anything down there is out… this is just before I switch my light schedule the other day I cleaned up all the bottoms

2 Likes

Wow that is some canopy, beautiful. Not to mention the tree trunks!! Thanks @JaneQP for looping them in and helping me out, greatly appreciated

1 Like

Thanks @MeEasy I always need a second opinion for my farsighted eyes. Sorry @anon51478927.

2 Likes

You are both welcome I love this great hobby, and I learning more here than I give back :grinning:

1 Like

Happy new year! Here are a couple pictures of the top sites, I hope I did not miss a pollen sack, but this thing is so bushy who knows

3 Likes

Lookin good :+1: starting to put on some sugar

1 Like

Whole plant shot, I apologize for my super shitty camera skills

2 Likes

Okay now it’s large enough to defoliate if you want. No worries about stunting growth now

1 Like

Yeah I think it has to happen, I can barely get in there and water any more! Tomorrow I should have a chance to take the plant out and clean it up and also do some tent maintenance

1 Like

Hydrogen peroxide is your friend in many ways, I use it enough that I buy it by the case and I’m talking about the brown bottle you can get at the dollar store. At full strength it’s great to clean your tent because it will kill any mold that could be hiding in there. Then when your plants are in there I use it 3 tbs in a quart size spray bottle with distilled water (tap water can be used but it’s only good for a short time and can leave residue) I use this spray every 2 or 3 weeks and spray the entire tent plants and all again it kills mold and mildew and bugs don’t like it and the plants get a shot of oxygen they love it. I don’t spray flowering plants with anything unless I have no other choice, buds will hold moisture and it can become a problem later imo it’s not worth the risk unless again I have to to fight something

2 Likes

Thanks for the tips! I keep it pretty clean (as do you obviously, the pic above is pristine), probably wont clean it out until after this run. I got a high CFM kit for the gorilla tent last week, I want to setup some of the extra bars so I can adjust some of the fans, that is the maintenance I was talking about.

I would be really surprised to see any mold issues, right now my house is 23% relative humidity lol. I have pretty good airflow (160cfm fan and two hurricane clips in a 2x4 shorty) and the RH has never gotten above 50% inside the tent even after watering (just checked, right now it is 35% in the tent). There are a lot of times that I hate this dry ass climate, and now with this hobby I have give myself two more new reasons to hate it: germination time and drying time!

On misting, I am trying to follow the happy frog schedule, it has this “Flowers Kiss” foliar spray in there during flower weeks 1, 3, and 5. I have followed this part of the schedule very loosely, only done this a handful of times total. It is a pain in the ass because you can’t do it with LEDs on, so I have to be ready and waiting right at the moment the lights go off to give them an evening shower. I have probably done this four times. I have also heard of spraying seltzer water to give CO2, but that seemed a little gimmicky to me, so have not bothered to try it.

3 Likes