First Timer Indoor GSC Auto

Sometimes you gotta be real with them. Tell them you are apart of multiple internet forums and you’ll be showcasing their equipment. They’ll change tune

Small looks like a plant that had a ball ripped off

This plant is kind of pissing me off. It stretched so much today that it started getting burned by my light at 60%. The main stem is 18" tall and Big is half that size, maybe even less. I don’t get it. So I took the riser out from underneath it and I raised the light 8 ticks on the ratchet straps.

I’d germinate that

1 Like

You talking about the mai tai fat bean? It’s afloat!

1 Like

And if it turns out to be a male I won’t be nearly as disappointed haha

1 Like

Five days after that castration, still no new signs of ball sacks/herm that I can tell, but I am not 100% sure this looks right?? This plant is 100% different from the other one

1 Like

Castration! She is looking she but still continue to inspect.

1 Like

Let’s talk about the Big plant now. It is short and super bushy, complete opposite of Small. I have been tucking the leaves like mad, but it is really getting too bushy in there in my opinion, and I have had to seriously resist the urge to do any more LST or anything after that herm scare. I am afraid to defoliate, I thought it maybe is too late to be ripping leaves and stuff off, especially since it is an autoflower. What do you think? Should I do anything to improve the light penetration into this canopy? There are a lot of small bud sites down there being drowned out

1 Like

I think u will definitely like that GSC. I grew some for my first grow and got just over 3 O’s, and it is fire. Smells amazing, tastes delicious and it is potent AF

4 Likes

@anon51478927 , if you haven’t yet, check out Bill Ward on YouTube. He’s got tons of good vids & several pertaining to auto flower training. He’s pretty chill & very informing.

2 Likes

I wouldn’t touch it and let it do it’s thing. I pulled leaves on my autos about a week ago and regret it. They literally stalled growing until those leaves were replaced. Lost a few days of progress imo.

1 Like

Damn, i was pruning my GSC auto on a regular basis damn near

1 Like

I have watched a lot of Bill’s videos, I am a subscriber. He does a lot of training! But he also has multiple grows going with high plant count; he can afford to screw a plant up. He can try things that I can not, for example his latest experiment with the sea of green, that simply is not an option for me. I am in the middle of week 2 of flower, I can tell just by feeling this short stalky plant, the stems are really toughening up. That makes it seem like they are primed for training, but after thinking about it I feel it is the exact opposite. I believe if I try to bend this canopy open I will probably snap some stems. Tucking the leaves even, I can just feel it through the stem of the leaf, the base where it attaches to the stalk is no longer bendy, it is very snappy. I hope this is a sign of good health.

1 Like

Thank you for the encouragement, I need it, I really want to pull leaves off but I keep telling myself they are solar panels for the buds. The last thing I want to do is stunt growth on my top sites, trying to help the lowers. I am inclined to just let it grow and see what happens, if the lowers stay tiny, oh well, that’s what they are there for. I do have some concerns with air flow, the combination of this super stalky plant and the unexpected settling of the medium in the 7 gallon pot, it creates a situation where mold and/or bud rot could become a concern. I have great air circulation though, this JetFan is 160cfm which I think is more than enough for this shorty 4x2

Yours turned out awesome, I think! So that’s an argument in favor of defoliation. But for now, I have decided I am going to take the Beatles advice and just “let it be”

1 Like

If you feel like pruning prune. I just wanted to let you know my situation recently. I usually prune my autos some but I think I went too early this time. My plants are less than 2’ at day 43 btw.

1 Like

@anon51478927 fair enough. I wasn’t sure if I should have been pruning or not, luckily it worked for me. I’ll be following along to see ur progress tho for sure

1 Like

Help! Small is out of line. The top leaves are really discoloring and fading and looking like garbage. What is this?

I just raised the light this morning, it was about 18" away from this plant and now it is about 22" away. Watered with plain water and it did not seem to help. Whole plant shot:

Plant next to it does not seem as bad:

Any advice is greatly appreciated! I need your help!

1 Like

That’s normal. Means she’s in full flower. Continue feed schedule

1 Like

Excellent, thank you!! Btw that seed did not germinate, unfortunately. It looked like it was going to, but never did. I even tried a paper towerl. Oh well. Merry christmas!

2 Likes