First timer ~ ILGM BG,OG &JH Auto’s Indoor Closet ~

Should be an easy fix.

1 Like

I’ll post the chart again just so it stays fresh in your memory. :wink: sorry I didn’t catch it earlier.
20180903_013658

1 Like

Betty caught your low Ph, so just get it up to 6.3 minimum and you’ll be fine. The low PPM is from the flush, all that water has watered down the nutes. So after you get the Ph up, give her another dose of nutes and let’s see what your PPM is then. Wait about an hour for that flush to drain before feeding so that the nutes stay in the soil.

2 Likes

Thanks !!! I have them all with a runoff now of 6.4 (After the watering last night and now this they for sure have had enough water lol ) The runoff PPM are in the 400’s. I have a batch of 6.5 1940 PPM feeding mixed for a little later, once they can take on some more. Thanks @raustin , @blackthumbbetty and @DoobieNoobie !! Appreciate the guidance !!

3 Likes

So now with my PH in check at 6.4, what am I shooting for as a runoff for my PPM level? I emptied the drip pans and divided up that gallon of feed and the runoff is in the 250’s ?? @raustin

250 is quite low for such big plants. You want to be around 600-700.

I mean I know I just put over 1900 ppm in them, I’m gonna check the drip pans again a lil later then maybe wait a day and check the drip pan and then feed again ( I have another gallon ready at 2060). Thanks for the help !!

2 Likes

See I knew the ladies would get you squared away. Not much those two can’t figure out when it comes to feeding issues.

When you make a lot of mistakes, like I do…you learn to fix them…usually. :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m anxious to see what my plants are gonna do with the correct PH now…lol and stronger nutes for that matter !!!

2 Likes

I have a beginners question on PH numbers and adjustment. If I have a gallon of RO water with a starting of a PH of 8 how many drops of PH up should I be using to get the Ph down to a good level?

Once I mix up the gallon of PH water, how long will it last at the correct PH before I have to check it again?

From my understanding you should add something to the RO water before adjusting ph. As it will be hard to change without and it’ll change a lot once anything is added. Like nutes or even just a little tap water. And water will start drifting out of range immediately. Some water will stay longer than others but 24 hours later it’ll be different. So it’s a trial and error thing.

1 Like

Not sure… But I’ll test the PH of my water…and after adding anything in to it, I will test again and either up or down as needed.
My last couple of batches of feeding mix for example was 8.4. But after adding my nutes/supliments it landed right on 6.5 and didn’t have to add anything.
I test anything prior to using it, regardless of how long since I made it

4 Likes

I’m not using any nutrients yet. I’ve been watering with unPH’d RO water only. I’m in Fox Farm Ocean Forest with plants just a few weeks old. I don’t water enough to get run off. I’ve been using a PH meter that I don’t think was calibrated right…
Should I be worried about PH already? :roll_eyes:

1 Like

I don’t know enough about RO water. @blackthumbbetty uses it and can answer more about it. But I’d definitely want to find out what the current ph is. Because if it’s wrong it’ll start to cause all kinds of problems over time.

Yes! PH it. With your root system developed, you need to worry about pH.
RO water has no buffering capacity of its own. If your soil’s pH is perfect, then using un-pH’d r/o water is fine, to a point.

3 Likes

Day 43 from seed ~ The OG bottom left is finally showing pistils, crazy she is so far behind compared to the others but she has started to catch up in height. The others all just doing their thing. Something else Ive been noticing is the difference in the leave color between the 2 bubble gum’s… The damaged one from the the fan falling on her has a much darker leaf and is the only girl in a clothe pot. The JH in the back right sure has the height over the other girls, the tallest shoot is at 36”. I may pull them out tonight and do a lil defoliating. Otherwise all seems well. After getting the water correct yesterday and feeding. Greened up nicely !! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well I do believe that the #5 left outdoors will be history soon. We had temps in the 40’s 2 nights ago and it was pretty limp last night on my nightly pup walk. We have 2 nights this week that will hover right around freezing… So she is toast !! :frowning:

well it was a experiment anyways. It was worth a shot.

1 Like