First timer help - tall plant with few leaves

Yes you can clone in soil, but I find the success rate drops quite a bit. I don’t have a ton of experience with soil cloning because of this. Maybe theres someone here who does. I have done soil, but definitely prefer hydro method.

I’ve done rafts in styrofoam with DWC also work very well. Ive done water bubbling in hydroton and root riots(2in net cups). All you need is a small tray to hold water and a fish bubbler/airstone.

I prefer Aero, as it works with my system best.

I find lower pH speeds up the process (5.5-5.6), but in my Aqua-Aero, I clone @ 6.8-7.1, generally.

Nutrients and pH are not required to clone, but depending on how long you leave them in this stage, they may help as the clone is eventuality about to start uptake, and deficiencies will occur. I only use pH down, as I transplant them before any nutrient solution is needed.

I use gel to clone, as I find it too, help speed up the process.

I started soil cloning on my first plant back when I knew even less and actually had decent success. The key is to not let your brother watch them and forget to watch them while you’re gone for a few days. :wink:

No but really on my flowering plant I took a snipping and stuck it right into the same pot as the mother, on a 12/12 light schedule, and it actually rooted and ended up growning into a really healthy plant until it got invaded by every bug known to man.

I would look into an aero cloner though. I got a mister kind for pretty cheap and I have actually never tried cloning MJ plants as I took a year off because I couldn’t grow, but I had 100% success trying to clone just about any vegetable and herb.

I took two clones from a friends plant a few weeks ago and put them in peat pucks. One day I left the humidity dome off and they tanked from there. They were staying healthy until then. The stem rotted and grew mildew and all the leaves wilted. I decided to give them a second chance and tried to salvage them the best I could…They’re still alive despite essentially being only the tops of the plant. (No leaves) I honestly don’t want to say it but I think they might actually be rooting, today I noticed it looked like they’re standing on their own and are a bit perked up. These plants has an amazing will to survive.

But I’m not a pro so take my word with a grain of salt.

2 Likes