First timer... grow cabinet ready for my babies

Good evening, from a newbie!

I have my seeds germinating (grandaddy purple)… and we just finished the grow cabinet. I’m so excited. What do you think of the cabinet? Will they like it here? Did I conver all the basics?

Welcome to the forum! What cabinet? Make sure the pictures upload :slight_smile:

1 Like

@writerjennifer, Welcome and am looking forward to see your cabinet. You can’t find a better lot of people to help you than here.

1 Like

Sorry… here’s the pic

1 Like

@writerjennifer, awwww :slight_smile: Cool set up, space seems limited, what type of seed, photo or auto? Last, where is your temp and Rh gauge? Speaking of, you got all the tools needed?

Thank you!

1 Like

Thanks.

1 Like

The cabinet is 21 deep, 36 tall and 36 wide, or so. I got fem, but not auto. I have the temp/humidity for the room, but the soil ph/temp gage is coming still.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

A proper pH meter is essential for most cannabis cultivation.

The 2 things that stand out for me are:

-Height. You will run out of clearance in that cabinet very quickly unless you keep your plants really small. A Scrog might help, but I still think you may have issues. You’ll need a good 12-18” of space between that light and the tops of your plants.

-light. The hydro crunch 300 pulls 120 watts at the wall. The rule of thumb for those blurple lights is 50w/ sq ft. So you’ll only effectively flower 2.5± sq feet under that light.

1 Like

The GDP are supposed to be short and fat, so hopefully I won’t run out of space too fast. We are looking at getting a shed in future. I can move the light up several more inches. But that’s about it for space right now. Thanks for taking a look and giving me your thoughts! I appreciate it.

2 Likes

I’ve grown gdp repeatedly.

They aren’t that short. :grin:

But, YOU control the size of your plants.
So when they hit 10-12” , flip the lighting schedule. They do stretch a little, but a little lst and you might be ok.

3 Likes

I just finished a GDP grow. I only veged for 6 weeks and also did LST and my girls were at least three feet tall. Not trying to discourage you, just giving you a heads up. You did great job on grow cabinet ,but with only 36" minus space for light your girls may out grow your space. Like @Drinkslinger pointed out you’ll need to flip to flower as soon as they are mature enough. Also wanted to Welcome you to ILGM forum.

1 Like

I picked up another cabinet, and 2 more lights. The babies are happily enjoying their new space.

1 Like