First Timer Getting Psyched Auto Blue Dream

Thank you all for your words of wisdom. I plan on digesting as much info as I can ( correct info). I am a person who loves to learn and this is all new to me so I will be constantly learning as much as my brain will allow me during this first grow. I will definitely keep updating this post as I go. I just seen my first part of a sprout on my little mini grow ( have the mini desktop pot for pot kit I threw in window behind my bed). I was way more excited than I should be and cannot wait to see something pop out of my 2 main girls.

1 Like

Looks like the group has given you some good advice.
Hang around and read up on the whole process. Its addictively fun to grow.
You will find yourself just starting at your plants sometimes.

Lol yea itā€™s gotten bad and I donā€™t even have any ā€œplantsā€ yet to stare at. Iā€™m growing it in a detached building next to my house, my wife was like are you really going over again to check ( even though I got a wifi thermometer / hygrometer now so I donā€™t need to). It is addicting for sure and very interesting to learn the science behind all of the aspects.

4 Likes

Wait til you take the recliner overā€¦ :rofl:

2 Likes

Lol, also I watched a YouTube video of a guy who was using one of these lights with good results. Thing was he was keeping really close to plants assuming to make up for lack of power. Long as I monitor heat ( they donā€™t produce much) would it be an issue to drop them down from the 24in they are at now to 9-12( which is where he said he kept them at) and not risk any harm? Or should I keep at 24 and just see what happens?

1 Like

Glad to help when i can, and pretty savvy at facilitating help these days. Thats the cool part of the ā€œmembers hubā€. Ive seen lots of lotus related stuff on my fave grow shows. Obviously a quality product.

1 Like

Im so addicted to the grow in 1 years time. Never would of imagined it would go this direction. My wife thinks ive gone to far, when it comes to the time i spend on grow related stuff. I can relate my friend. And this forum will fuel the fire even more. Love it!:100:

3 Likes

Thanks for chiming in I appreciate it. Yes I am getting hooked is fast and my wife is super Psyched because she will reap the rewards of my hard work lol. I usually hate gardening but something about watching my grow tent transform so far from I was just going to get a tent and throw something in and let what happens happen to buying and adding all this extra stuff. Iā€™m researching all this other stuff I absolutely do not need but Iā€™m a tech guy so I want all the tech :joy:

2 Likes

Tech guy, huh? Weā€™re going to love your input here. I hope you stick around.

Some good reading for you will be ā€¦.

Hellraiser grows Gorilla Glue and other stuff

And

Hellraiser grows Cherry Ice Cream clones, Jacks vs Advanced Nutrients, making feminized seeds

These are two threads that are basically gospel.

Hellraiser is no longer around for reasons unknown. But his padawans are still around.

1 Like

Sure you can as long as the leaves donā€™t curl or twist and you have good air movement.

Iā€™d take it down to 18inches, see how they react and then closer if you want.

The problem of taking them closer is they wonā€™t have the coverage.

What size are your pots? If youā€™re going to be in 5 gallon you can expect pretty big plants. I find that autos grow to the size of their pots. Iā€™ve only grown 6 autos, so Iā€™m no expert. Take what I say with a grain of salt.

Its late. Iā€™ll follow up tomorrow :peace_symbol:

1 Like

Thank you for the info and I am reading through the first one soon as I woke up :). Update though and hopefully Iā€™ll be fine. We had a freak cold spell overnight and my grow room got down alot colder than I thought it would overnight. It hit 61 for a brief period. I brought my heater over and got it back to mid 70s and heating the room so it sustains that but I am hoping the little guys will be alright. I still donā€™t have anything popping out, which I read is normal for bigger pots. My other little guy is doing well but it also got down to 61 last night in my window. Also have heater cranking in my bedroom getting heat back up. The Pic is my pot for pot mini window grow. Iā€™m just so worried the stupid cold weather may have FD me.

Also there is a light for sale local to me that seems like it would be perfect for me I cna get cheap. Is this a good light?

1 Like

Is thereā€™s a picture of it or just a description?

Found it.

Itā€™s a Chinese light ā€¦ probably from Amazon or Alibaba.

It will work if itā€™s indeed a year old. Make sure it powers up. Look at the light when itā€™s dim and try to find an LED that went out. You can talk him down on the price.

Those are all white LED, no supplemental reds.

Whomever is selling them is doing so because they wanted an upgrade. Youā€™ll want an upgrade too after a grow or two.

If you get that light, you could use the Blurples too. That plus the Blurples would give you a great harvest.

Also, since weā€™re in the seedling stage, you can get by with a fluorescent bulb or two for little while. You could return the Blurples and get your money back, put that toward a better light.

Got ya I appreciate the info, I will probably just save up and get the big boy HLG. I got my veteran coupon but figured I would check with you on tha tother since was slightly cheaper but Iā€™m not going to cheap out on my next purchase just spend the $ and be done with it.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s the spirit.

There are a bunch of growers on here that have a mountain of cheap lights just collecting dust.

Exciting news my other 2 in the tent started to show a little bit. Hoping by tonight or in morning they will be upright.

Woohoo! Youā€™re growing Marijuana!

1 Like

I guess I officially am now huh :joy: thank you to my fans throughout this journey, I couldnā€™t have done it without you all. Anyone needs tips or tricks I got you lol

1 Like

One looks like itā€™s split as it coming up more which Iā€™m assuming is the splits due to the 2 starter leaves whatever they are called I still donā€™t know all the terms. Iā€™m so glad the cold weather last night didnā€™t F things up.

1 Like