First Timer Getting Psyched Auto Blue Dream

I can send you two White Widow…. You have to grow those at least once

1 Like

Besides xhocolope which is for sure I have critical mass, gelato and fire OG both from homegrown cannabis Co a buddy gave me both fem. Also the cassava connection

My wife got excited hearing about White Widow :joy:

I haven’t tried most of those, but I love me some Gelato. Also anything with fire or OG in the name can’t go wrong.

1 Like

@Newt hey man I just got the moisture meter you have. I am curious which wood setting you use? There is options A-H to choose from. I was going to use I think it was B since it said it’s Cedar and cedar is a soft wood but figured I would get your input because I’ll use whatever setting you have yours on.

That is the exact meter I have. I use it on A and Wood. But I think for our purposes any of the Wood settings would be close enough. But Bldg would not, I think.

Ok thanks, reason I ask is I went through all the different letters and had some pretty wide ranging numbers from 12.5 up to 26 which A being the highest number. Just double checked and I got 24 using A making sure it was solid reading which since it’s only been hanging a little over 24hrs I would guess that seems good.

2 Likes

Also just from what I’ve noticed A is mainly hardwoods, don’t know if that matters but I know your buds turn out good so I’m using A :joy:

1 Like

Is that meter used for soil moisture or to measure moisture in the drying buds?

Oh yeah, Haze, anything with haze in it.

For measuring the dryness of buds. Figured drying will be hardest part for me and I want to minimize any issues.

2 Likes

The key with these meters, is to pick a setting and a target level, and stick with it.

Given that they are calibrated for varying densities of wood, and that out buds aren’t as dense as even the softest of woods - in fact you usually have to compress them slightly to get a good reading, then the idea is to find a setting and a target dryness that works for you, and stick with it. That way it is repeatable.

2 Likes

Ahh that makes sense. Yea I’m sticking with A and 12 since you use it with those settings. I noticed I have to push it all the way against the meter to get what I’m assuming is the most accurate reading since it doesn’t fluctuate as much doing that.

1 Like

I just sort of gently squeeze mine, until I get a stable reading.

1 Like

Buds dried faster than I wanted but that’s part of the learning process. They smell amazing already and the trichomes are :star_struck:. Grand total from 3 blue dream auto flowers of quality sugary buds from a first time grower is drum roll 344.5 grams or 12.2 Ounces. I cannot wait to do it again and to help others in the process.
Thank you everyone here for all the help, it would not have been possible otherwise ( I would have stayed trying to grow in a closet with no ventilation and a blurple lol)

2 Likes

Great job @GrowingIs4Everyone! Looks like you got enough great smoke there for a good while. How about the keif? Will there be hash?

2 Likes

Good question!

And edibles??

I wet trimmed so there wasn’t a whole lot of keif and my wife smoked up all the scissor hash and kief I did have :joy:. I will be doing edibles though. I want to make gummies really badly and already have the oil recipe and gummy recipe up. Just waiting on my molds.

2 Likes

@GrowingIs4Everyone It sounds like you can’t call yourself a newbie anymore. You are now a veteran grower.
I’ll be watching for the 2+2 to see how it goes. It was fun to see someone growing the BDA or as I call mine my “wake and bake”.
In a month or so I hope we get a smoke report. Enjoy! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Thank you and I’m getting the next grow together as we speak. Hoping in like 2 weeks or so I’ll be good to go. I’ll definitely start a new journal .I appreciate it and thanks for your help and input.

My results from this blue dream auto grow.

14.87% THC and .75% CBD and .80% CBN