First Timer Getting Psyched Auto Blue Dream

Dude…. You are soooo close to having your own dried and cured weed.

Have you pulled any samples?

I usually pull a small bud, trim it with just my fingers and sit it out on a window sill to dry it out quickly. Then I find someone to sample it. I warn them it’s gonna taste not the best, but I’m just looking for effect at this point.

2 Likes

Ahh I have not but my wife would eagerly test it because she just ran out of stuff my buddy who is growing gave us :joy:. It won’t F her up if it’s not close will it?

2 Likes

@GrowingIs4Everyone I think she will be pleasantly surprised.

2 Likes

3 hrs from 70 days old and getting ready to harvest. Trichomes are looking solid and the buds have fattened up all they are going to get to. 2 of the 3 girls ended up with deficiency issues due to my FFOF soil which I will not be using again. They did however produce some big frosty buds just not pretty leaves lol. The 3rd girl is amazing smelling and looking. I wish they weren’t autos so I could take a clone. The wife has also sampled all 3 plants, I took a small bud from each off the bottom and quick dried on top of my toaster oven.
Will post some updates with drying and curing, I have Grove bags coming for the curing. Also will post some weights once done to wrap my first grow up once it’s all done.

1 Like

@GrowingIs4Everyone Looks like some mighty fine buds you have there. Enjoy!

Harvest day has come and gone. 9 hrs of wet trimming for my first time I don’t think too bad ( 1hr break in middle to make dinner and stretch my back). 3 blue dream autos 71 days from start to finish all in 3 gallon pots. No idea what this will weigh out at but regardless it was a victory. I enjoyed it and fell in love with growing and cannot wait to do more, I will be a life long grower.
Thanks everyone who has helped me make it through this grow @NeoGroR @Darodguy @Docnraq @Spiney_norman @Newt @Retiredoldguy @beachglass I know there were tons more but all I could remember off top of my head after trimming for all day long :joy:. Grove bags will be here tomorrow so here’s hoping I keep the tent at 60/60 correctly for next few days. :crossed_fingers:

4 Likes

it is a job, takes me 4 hours per plant to harvest, hang and clean up…with smoke breaks of course

3 Likes

I have this same trim tray.

I like neon green was half the reason I got :joy: that and had lots of good reviews. It seemed to do the trick for sure.

2 Likes

@GrowingIs4Everyone Great harvest, great grow! Does that tray have a screen in the bottom and a catch tray for the keif? Y’know, you can use that keif to make hash. I’m just sayin’… Sprinkling it into a joint or on the top of a bowl is another great way to use it. Enjoy! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes

Yep and I’m actually about to take my trim out of freezer and run it over the screen shortly. :wink:

My pretty girl hanging, love the purples. Definitely going to be my showing off buds :joy: ( don’t mind my trimming if not perfect was first try)

2 Likes

When I harvest all at once or final harvest after a split harvest, I like using the grow room as a drying room because I have better control over the temp and RH. 60/60 is ideal as a goal but hardly ever possible. We just do the best we can. It should take about 10-14 days to dry…depending. About day ten I start checking the smallest larfy buds; if they snap off easily, then I keep going up until they stop snapping off and give a little. After a few you should get a feel for it.
Sometimes it takes a little longer before the main buds are dry enough to cure.

2 Likes

Yea im having tough time getting it to 60 degrees that’s crazy lol. I have an AC unit sucking cold air in ( same setup I use when plants are growing) but I’m consistent at 68ish degrees and 55-60% RH ( my humidifier is next to the fan that sucks the AC air in and I turn the humidifier on to suck in from humidifier as needed).

1 Like

Yeah, that’s close enough. To preserve the terps and flavs you just want to go slow, no extra heat sources. It just may dry a little sooner is all.

2 Likes

Very impressive for the first grow!
Also impressive results in only 71 days.
What’s planned for the next run?

1 Like

Thank you very much and I had lots of help on this group and spent a ton of time, effort and money to make sure these girls turned out good. I was shocked they finished as fast as they did but I’m not complaining because I’m looking forward to my next grow.

I’m still debating what ones I want to do for next grow. I’m doing 4 photos in 5 gallon rain science bags just haven’t figured out which 2 strains ( doing 2 and 2)

2 Likes

Chocolope!

1 Like

Yep those were a given but don’t know the other strain lol

What are the options?