First timer first harvest

First timer first harvest. Lots of trichromes but they’re not milky yet. Lot of clarity from 60 to 100 x the 100 x is a real bitch to hold still enough to see but 60x does me right. Sunday will be 56 days flower. I’m hoping by Sunday I’ll start seeing milky trichromes so I can start 48 hrs dark then a cut down but depends on the trichromes. I’ve already started flushing but I did give about a half dose of molasses for carbs and half dose of bud bloom. Friday I’ll flush it all out with about 3 gal of flush for each plant then Sunday I’ll cut the lights off for 48 hours as well as trim all the big fan leaves to send the plants into serious shock. But this schedule depends on Sundays trichromes.

10 Likes

You can see the leaves are yellowing and the buds are sucking nutrients from the leaves.

1 Like

Mate for ur first time there beautiful and u have done a bloody good job with growing

6 Likes

Looking good, I would still be feeding if the trichomes are clear. I start my flush when I have about 90% cloudy and 10% amber. This will in theory give me 80% cloudy and 20% amber at harvest, just where I personally like them to be. Just give them alittle more time and take it week by week.

2 Likes

Don’t rush it unless that is what you are looking for.
good info

4 Likes

They look fantastic!! Happy Harvest. :blush::v:

3 Likes

Plants look great you have done a fine job.

4 Likes

I like that strategy I have some amber trichromes and some are half milky almost looks like a water tower half filled I started flushing a little early because I’m using 15 gal pots so it will take a hair longer to wash most of the salts out. I’m thinking even if I have to push it back to sixty days that would be next Thursday.

1 Like

Thanks that was great that gave me good microscopic comparison. Based on that video I’m ready. I’ll still wait until Sunday because the 48 of dark but thank you!

It is always a tough deciding when to call it. It ultimately is based on personal preference.

2 Likes

Yep, they’re looking good, and close. Sounds like you’ve got the right plan.

1 Like

They’re filled. I checked today and I’m there at least th buds on the he front of the plant I can’t really get to the back but they’re looking frosty. Ive decided to give them an ice bath on Sunday and cut her down Tuesday. I read many articles about super cropping and lots of techniques. The ones with the most evidence which made the most sense to me was" ice". If the plant feels the effects of winter in a last ditch effort to protect her children she will excellerate trichrome production. Personally that made the most sense to me. I will let you know how it works.