First timer, feel like my gals should be further along?

Hey everyone, newbie here! I’ve been lurking for quite awhile but I finally made the leap and bought some growing equipment. I’m just barely over a month from my beans poking through the soil and to make a long story short, it’s been a crazy rough month :rofl: I feel like I finally have a handle my overall setup and I’m not too worried about anything just yet but I feel like my littles should be further along?

The beans are from a very reliable source but are not branded, yet labeled as Feminized Lemon Cookies. They’re in FFOF, watered roughly every 3 days with distilled water (just recently started using distilled) and sittin about 10" (from top of plants) under a CLW LED on 18/6. It gets up to 110F here so I’ve installed a window a/c unit in my room, along with a humidifier in my 3x3 tent, keeping tent temp/rH quite stable at 80F/70%rH with lights on and 76F/80ish%rH. Here’s a few shots from earlier this evening.

The stretch came early on from my poor placement of the CFL during the first couple weeks but they’ve stayed almost the same height since I’ve put them in my tent under the LED, just much bushier. Throughout my travels here, I’ve heard a lot about blurple lights, would my light classify as that? I’ve since learned about HLG through here and will be looking to get one of those for my next grow. :woozy_face:

I love how many leaves they have so far but from other folks’ pictures, I feel like they should be bigger and fuller, possibly even reaching the edges of my pots by now? The growth in the past week or so since I’ve been using distilled water has been amazing so I hope I’m not jumping the gun. I look forward to learning from everyone here and I always welcome any tips, suggestions, thoughts, advice and even criticism :wink: Thanks for reading, hope everyone has a stony weekend! :partying_face: :evergreen_tree: :fire:

Yeah I def feel like they should be further along at one month since sprout.
It could possibly be the light? They are not getting enough energy to really grow?
Maybe @Covertgrower or @Hellraiser can help you, I believe they both grow in soil.

1 Like

Answer these simple questions the best you can.
If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post
NA (non applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed
  • Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF
  • Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable
  • Indoor or Outdoor
  • Light system
  • Temps; Day, Night
  • Humidity; Day, Night
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,
  • Co2; Yes, No
2 Likes

welcome. its the light. its always the light. i am always going to blame it on the light. lol

6 Likes

i went through the same issue until i brought my lights closer and cranked them up more. I think your babies will take off soon. You seem to be doing everything else just about right. Good luck and happy growing!

1 Like

Fill out the support ticket if you can. We’ll figure it out.

2 Likes

Welcome! Plenty of knowledge here out of anything!

1 Like

Thank you, I was looking for this form :stuck_out_tongue:

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed: Fem Lemon Cookies, Unbranded.
  • Method: FFoF Soil
  • Vessels: Right now, small little 4" pots.
  • PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable): Water 6.1 and Runoff 7.8
  • PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable: Water is 1 PPM
  • Indoor or Outdoor: Indoor tent
  • Light system: California Lightworks SolarSystem 275
  • Temps; Day, Night: Daytime 80F - Nighttime 76F
  • Humidity; Day, Night: Daytime 70ish - Nighttime 80ish
  • Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size: Yes, Active Air 4 inch In-Line Fan 165 CFM
  • AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier: Window A/C in the room, not in tent. Humidifier inside of tent.
  • Co2; No

Thank you everyone!

What RED/WHITE/BLUE settings are you using on the light?

Seems light is too close, a 200 watt led should be more like 18-20" above the plants.

Not liking the pH runoff of 7.8. Distilled water does not have enough ppm to hold any pH, should consider mixing in enough tap water to bring ppm up past 100 ppm, adjust pH to 6.5 and flush your pots until runoff is near 6.5.

2 Likes

A month and you still have them in those microscopic pots…not good…should have been transplanted a longggg time ago. No room to grow…

2 Likes

I concur with the transplanting. Mine were growing slow and were in too hot of soil. The bigger of the two were transplanted 2 weeks ago in Happy Frog and have really taken off since then. The two smaller ones are stunted and were pale colored. Since transplant a week ago they have full color back and are now growing good again. A little late for a big yield from them but I will take what I can get from those 2 now. Transplant and they should take off for you.

2 Likes

There aren’t any settings for the light unless I buy a controller, it’s just on or off. :frowning: I’ll definitely raise the lights up tonight, thank you for the recommendations. I had them low because of something I was reading about lux meter readings but those have since changed. I’ve only had a Home Depot pH meter up until mail day today so I’ll definitely focus on getting the proper pH once the lights pop back on tonight!

I was afraid of that :frowning: Everything that I’ve read said to wait until the leaves reach the edges, didn’t realize I stunted them so bad. Thank you so much for your advice, I’ll transplant them tonight!

Great to hear yours have taken off! I’ll transplant them tonight and update with some pics! Thank you very much for your help!

2 Likes

No problem at all. I personally transplant literally a day or 2 after popping above soil BUT i am extremely gentle and somewhat experienced with transplanting. Id say a week or so is a good time to transplant.
Aside from the transplanting it looks like your doing everything right.

1 Like

how is she doin?

1 Like

So I ended up mixing almost equal parts Distilled and Spring water, which gave me a ppm of 111. I figured it’s a neat number in general so from there, I tested the pH at 8.6 :astonished: I added .5mL of pH Down which tested at 7.6 and another .5mL dose put me right at 6.6pH going in. Haven’t been able to test the runoff yet, I’ll update with that!

Thank you for all the advice to transplant, man I really muffed that one up! So I got my little gals in their new pots and shit, that was scary! I feel like they could have had a little bit more water in the soil before I moved them but once I started, it was too late to stop :rofl: I got a picture of the first one but was too scared to take pics of the second.

It looks like they did get a little balled up in the corners but apart from some drooping the next morning, they’ve boomed!

This was tonight, right after my second watering after transplant, which was Saturday night. The growth has been amazing since the transplant but now I’m stressing a little bit. I never expected them to get to this stage and don’t exactly know where to go from here. Lollypop? Scrog? Candelabra?

I apologize for the shitty phone pics but these were the best angles that I could get. From what I can tell, I’m at 5 nodes and should be getting ready, if not already there, to work out some type of training/topping/fimming? I’ve liked the results that I’ve seen from the Candelabra method but it seems pretty scary for my first time, any suggestions? I can try to get better pics if that will help!

I appreciate you checking in! If it wasn’t for the advice given to me in this thread, I think they would have been done for :woozy_face: I’m feeling a little more confident more but I know there is a long road ahead!

On a side note, I think I may start a journal for my grow? It seems like an effective way to keep my posts in one spot and not have to post for every question I’m going to have! Thank you @Hellraiser @Siksr @KoolHandLuke @pptrsha1 @NoEzWayOut for the advice!

3 Likes

Forgot to throw this one in but I’m going to blame it on the transplant?

1 Like

looking pretty good there! nice job getting the transplanting done, that is a major headache out of the way and now your girls can really spread their feet and wings now. Definitely start a journal if you can, or just keep this thread going and make it your grow journal. you already have some great growers following along and that is the most important part. either way, i am looking forward to more updates!

2 Likes

Hey everyone! It’s been a crazy couple weeks at work so I haven’t had much time with my ladies, let alone have enough time to post an update. :woozy_face: I’ve since figured my water to about 110 ppm and 6.5ish pH before and in between 700-800ppm with 6.4ish pH runoff. They are responding very well but I think my light was too low so I’ve since raised it up to 22" above the highest tip of the plants about 4 days ago.

I’ve tried to get here and ask for advice about topping but felt like I had already waited too long so I took it upon myself and went for the gusto a couple nights back! I apologize for the phone pics, I’m working on getting a better camera for this but here’s the only good shot I could get right after topping.

They handled it great and are already showing new growth.

Tonight I again got into a hurry thinking I was leaving town for a job and decided to try and prune some of the bottom foliage but I hope I didn’t take too much off? I was thinking I wanted to candelabra it but I’m now thinking that might be a bit out of my league. I’m also pretty sure I need to tie down certain branches but throughout all my reading, it’s confuses me when I’m looking at my specific plants :frowning: Here’s a few pictures after I cleaned up the bottom.

Any help/advice with the training/trimming would be super appreciated! Thanks!

Also, this whole time I was trying to get a picture that showed the tons of tiny leaves in the middle but that bottom picture kind of shows it… I’ve seen a few pictures that had a lot of leaves like mine but not very many, is that strain related? Thanks again!