First Timer - EXPERT assistance!

Guys - first time Grow, first time post!!

• Growing Autoflower (Auto GDP) seeds indoor.
  • 900 wats of LED lighting apx 18" from the plants - 19hrs/day.
  • Feed with nutrients every second watering.
  • Just toped and trimmed them.
  • Temps and humidity are monitored.

I am in the middle of week 5 and the Fing plants are small!! I did trim them yesterday but maybe 15-20% at the most!! What am I doing wrong?? Or am I just freeking out for no reason? Please give some advise. Thanks

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum.

A full support ticket would be helpful. Have a couple of specific questions in addition.

What are your temps and humidity?
How long have you been feeding them?
What soil are you in?
Just the one 900W light?
How many plants?

Can you please fill out a support ticket? Please include what type of water you’re using.
COPY/PASTE the below list into your forum post.

Answer these simple questions the best you can.

If you do not know, or do not use something; Just say so; Or post

NA (non-applicable)

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable)

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable

• Indoor or Outdoor

• Light system

• Temps; Day, Night

• Humidity; Day, Night

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier,

• Co2; Yes, No

Always try to upload a clear picture of any issues you may have to allow the community to assist you. Pictures taken under natural or white lighting are by far the best.

Add anything else you feel would help us give you a most informed answer should be included. Feel free to elaborate, but short and to the point questions and facts will help us help you in a more efficient manner.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick response!! Assume this is the way to submit a support ticket - please correct me if doing it wrong!

• What strain, Seed bank, or bag seed - ** AUTO GDP FEMINIZED SEEDS - purple strain - from marijuana-seeds.nl**

• Method: Soil w/salt, Organic soil, Hydroponics, Aquaponics, KNF - Foxfarm CoCo LoCo in 3 and Miracle Grow in other 3 - all soil

• Vessels: Pots, Grow beds, Buckets, Troths - All Fabric pots - 5 gal

• PH of Water, Solution, runoff (if Applicable) - Using Spring water - adjusting PH to around 6-6.5

• PPM/TDS or EC of nutrient solution if applicable - Adding Nutrients every 2nd water - 600-700 PPM

• Indoor or Outdoor - Indoor

• Light system - 1x300w LED + 1x600w LED

• Temps; Day, Night - Between 77-80 day & 75-79 night

• Humidity; Day, Night - Between 65-75

• Ventilation system; Yes, No, Size - Carbon Filter Exhaust fan + regular circulating fan

• AC, Humidifier, De-humidifier, - AC running outside the tent on the tent - have humidifier inside but not on often as humidity in range

• Co2; Yes, No - NO

• How many plants? - 6 plants

• Just the one 900W light? - 2 lights 1x300w LED + 1x600w LED

Added a few photos. The plants range from 6 - 10" off top of the soil. In Mid 5th week. Started leaving the tent a little open as when I seal it - the exhaust fan suctions the sides and and presses on the plants - probably have too many plants for the grow tent (24x24x48). Thanks

Way to many plants for such a small area. Your plants will suffer because if the lights is not the best. Which will make more of your plants weak if they have to compete for what little light you have.

You will be able to find which one is a dominating plant because one will. At least it did with my 4 plants in a 4x4 jungle.

2 Likes

Yes - I realize that its too many plants for the grow tent - its my first grow and didn’t realize when first started although clearly see the mistake at this point. Also, another reason why I added a second light!

Your plants will still suffer. My grow did even with 2 HLG 260xl rspec lights and they are way better than what you are using.

One was very dominating and so was another. It caused one plant to literally grow up the corner so she was pulled. Used her in edibles and vape juice. Her branches was ao weak they couldn’t hold up the branches with flowers.

If I was you I would start saving for better lights. I know HLG had a special during Veterans Day. I went feom getting a max crop of 3.32 oz dried, cured and no stems to having 27 oz dried, cured and no stems. Its worth the investment. :+1:

3 Likes

I dont have wet in my room… what should I do… im new

@Ina What do you mean?

1 Like

I’m not clear on your soil(s). Coco and soil grows are managed differently. The seem to be doing well for being in Miracle Grow. Many new growers try MG and end up with nute burned plants, but if it’s working for you… I doubt they need fed yet, particularly those in MG.Chat with a coco person about how those should be fed. I can’t help you with coco, but someone should be along who can help.

I agree with @MrPeat comments on lights. Those lights should have no more than 1 plant each. The general rule is 50 watts per sq. ft., and those lights aren’t actually 300 and 600 watts. The 600W is probably about 125 actual watts and the 300W has to be less. Not too bad for a single auto, but you can’t cover multiple plants with them. You can see that in how leggy your plants are.

I would suggest:

Think about getting better lighting (the burple lights from Amazon are a rip-off.)
Be careful about overfeeding them and watch your girls in Miracle Grow for nute burn.

1 Like

when the flower is watered … when the lights are on or when they are off plzzz

@Ina Water plants with light on. Just don’t soak the plant but go under the canopy to water. :+1:

1 Like

Would it make a difference If I set the lighting to 24/7 at this point? Or move them closer?

I definitely will invest in better lighting for the next grow (also bigger tent) although want to save this grow as best as possible. How do the plants look to you for being in the 5th week (other than them being leggy)?

If I was to raise lights and lower, I would use my hand as a test. If its to hot, raise it till it isn’t aka like luke warm feeling. If its not warm, lower the light till it is.

I use HLG 260xl rspec at the top of my tent at full blast.

1 Like

Thank youuu :blush::blush:

1 Like

You are going to have to decide how you want to manage your plants. If new lights aren’t coming soon, then moving them closer will deprive those on the periphery of even more light. They look okay. I suggest not using MG soil too for your next grow. Some get away with it, but many have problems because MG nukes your plants with nutes and submarines your pH every time you water. Your girls are flowering now, so you may as well go ahead and finish them.

1 Like

Understood - I will definitely NOT use MG for the next grow - this is why I have two soils as used MG for the first 3 and than decided to change to an organic Foxfarm for the next 3. Will look around for a new light asap although chances are will have it for the next grow and finish this one as is.

Thanks guys!!!

1 Like

Good lights aren’t cheap, but they are one of the most important factors for having healthy, productive plants. A lot of growers use use HLG lighting (self included) as Mrpeat suggested. HLG stands for Horticulture Lighting Group. They are lights designed for growing weed. There are several models, so come back and ask a lot of questions when you are ready to buy.

2 Likes

Will do - was checking their website earlier - thanks!!

@Eli Just save till you can get a HLG light. Because it is well worth it. I went from my highest crop if 3.32 oz to over 27 oz.

My two lights paid for themselves since I had to drive 2200 miles total for a couple ounces per trip. I did this 3 times and never again.

1 Like

FYI Coco Loco is a soilless media and should be treated as such. PH between 5.3 and 5.8. No clue what to PH to in MG soil haha. That stuff is awful but you will have the opportunity to find out for yourself.

Keep in mind that light is the engine that drives the plant. Without it, nutrient uptake is reduced, growth is less than ideal and flower will be loose and airy with no weight. Many of us (myself included) got bit by the ‘blurple’ lights from Amazon.

3 Likes