First timer; check out my trichomes

This is an indica grown outside in so cal. The buds on the top have majority brown pistols but not underneath and inside. I’m finding this microscope hard to use so I took a lot.

1 Like

Man I think you have at least 4 weeks. I may be wrong. @Oldguy what do you think? He can tell you better than me. I’m a indoor grower. Happy growing and keep on keeping on! :v::call_me_hand:

3 Likes

Yeah, 4 weeks easy.

4 Likes

Yeah. Looks like 4 weeks or so till ur done. Keep an eye on the trics to be sure. You’ll see them get cloudy then amber. :v:

3 Likes

I agree with the others…wait.

And though I’m a relative Newbie, may I suggest that the grower might also want to consider removing some of those big shade hands, so the buds will get more light and air flow will improve and thus reduce the chances of bud rot? What do the vets think? Mine are trimmed back quite a bit in comparison to these, and the buds seem really happy with it. Left all the sugar leaves, but most of the sun hands are gone.

1 Like

Interesting. Thoughts from the veterans?

1 Like

Thank you for responding everyone!

1 Like

@DaddysLittleFatty I strongly suggest tucking the fan leaves. Never cut them unless all else fails. If you do cut them only cut a few at a time or you will stunt the hell out of them. I’m recovering from that mistake now. :v::call_me_hand:

2 Likes

Dman: I hear you, but my experience differs. I read the pros and cons online, then I had a friend whose a long time commercial grower advise me as well, and my final choice was to pull a lot of the fan hands, based on an incident of early bud rot. None of the sugar leaves, but a good percentage of the bigger shade leaves. My end result is healthy thick buds, and no additional incidences of rot…yet. fingers crossed. Could be that my living in a coastal environment with high moisture levels played a part in making this the better choice for me.

Here are after and before pictures of my defoliation.The plant (25 gal container) now has about 5-6 oz. of bud on it and is nearing harvesting.

4 Likes

That plant is looking awesome. I had to cut a bunch of mine because of some serious light burn! It stunted them but there coming back with a vengeance. I think it depends on who you ask on that. Because I’ve done it both ways and came out good both times. But I only cut them if they are damaged or blocking bud sites.

2 Likes

What can I do with leaves I cut off?

Also, do people harvest some of the buds on the plant before other parts?

Large fan leaves I toss. Smaller sugar leaves go to make oil or edibles.
Depending how the plant is growing some take the riper buds first and let the lower less developed parts finish maturing. :v:

2 Likes

I was about to say lean out the middle and coax some branches out to the side all things leads grow inward cut em of u want as much light getting inas possible

ILGM Afghan Outdoors 1st time grow.

1 Like

Dman: Thats a beautiful lush plant!

DritPV: Yes, I’m going with a sequenced harvest. I cut some of my most mature top bud branches today, and left lower ones to mature for another week or so.

Here are those first cuts off a Lemon Dawg indica/sativa hybrid clone. Outdoor grow in a 20 gallon smart pot.

2 Likes