First-timer: aPotforPot.com and White Widow Autoflower

I am a medical cannabis user growing my first plant. I ordered WW autoflower from ILGM and the 5-gallon kit from aPotforPot.com. I have a 3 x 3 x 6’11" grow tent and HLG 260 watt kit V2 RSpec Quantum Board kit on order making their way to me. I also have an Apera PH meter, a HoneForest TDS/EC meter, and an AC Infinity T6 fan waiting in an Amazon cart. I’m not sure what kind of air filter to get yet. Thinking Phresh 6 in x 16 400 CFM.

Yesterday, I soaked my first seed in a shot glass of water from my freshwater aquarium. This morning I soaked a jiffy pellet from my PotforPot kit and placed the seed in the hole and put in my DIY nursery (two Phillips 32 watt T8 Natural Sunshine bulbs surrounded by windshield reflectors).

My wife is a professional gardener, so she is starting a seed, too, but doing it “her way.” She’s one day behind me, so we’ll see who’s plant does better. :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve been doing lots of reading here and really appreciate all the knowledge you all share and how kind you are to newbies!

4 Likes

how well a seed does is primarily based on genetics. Even from the same plant, there can be major differences in growth rate, appearance and end result.
hope both plants do well…:cowboy_hat_face::vulcan_salute::v:

1 Like

I’m set to watch and the best of luck to you guys…here’s the best part, no matter who wins YOU BOTH WIN LOL

1 Like

Welcome to ILGM, @Stillwater. I like the friendly competition! I’ll be following along. :v:

Awesome! Totally friendly. “Her way” just means spending less $ on the new “hobby.” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: But yes, hopefully we’ll both be winners!

3 Likes

The competition (red cup) has arrived in the DIY nursery, planted in Fertilome potting soil.

3 Likes

What a DAY!! I have a sprout AND I just got notified that my medical marijuana application has been approved and I’m an authorized cultivator. WHOO-HOO! :v:

3 Likes

Awesome! Congratulations!!

2 Likes

We’ve got sprouts in the house!

I’ve got the fluorescent lights about six inches above them. Changed from 24 on to 18/6. My QB kit has arrived so I’ll be watching some YouTube videos to put it together. Also received the PH and TDC meters.

4 Likes

Set to watching! Couples that grow together stay together…well as long as it’s kept fun lol…no sore losers. I think it’s a win win really.

Uh oh. She’s already catching up…

1 Like

I have not been very good about updating my journal. But things are coming together.

Yesterday, I assembled my 3x3 tent and HLG 260W Quantum Board and moved Peppermint Patty (on the right, “mine”) and Marcie (on the left in green; my spouse’s). They are in 5x5 pots. I started growing them 19 days ago. Until yesterday they were under T8 bulbs.

Peppermint Patty

Marcie

I have a Can Fan S4 4 in fan and Can Fan lite filter on order (hope it was the right choice!). I watered them today for the first time with half a capful of Myco Chum Microbe Food. For this first grow, I’m just following the aPotforPot instructions.

3 Likes

They are loving the light. Marcie (green trim) was quite smaller than Peppermint Patty, but she’s catching up.

The leaves, especially the new ones, look a wee bit yellow. Is this something I should be concerned about?

2 Likes

Dang right they are…VERY nice growth but they’re fixing to GROW. over the last 2 weeks those roots have been filling that space and setting in for some GROWTH up top now lol…just watch :wink:

2 Likes

It’s been 30 days since my first WWA sprout. Are they starting to flower? Should I put the light on 12/12?

You’ll notice the discoloring. We thought it was a magnesium deficiency, so I’ve fed some Fox Farms Cal-Mag the last two feedings and they are looking better. Should I do a ph’d water flush and start on flowering nutrients? Or just start on flower nutes?

They also seem a bit short.

The light is on full power, about 20 inches above the taller one and 24 inches above the smaller one.

Please give me any tips you can.

2 Likes

If its an auto leave the light on 18/6 so it can grow more hours a day. At least till they get a bit bigger. I dig your setup. But careful blowing a fan under your light and toward a plant. I learned that by accident when my fan rotated from vibration. I caught it the next night but it turned a the plant it was hutting yellow, but just a line that the wind hit. Just an imo to look out for :smile:

1 Like

Mayby turn down lights closer and do 20 hour light on and 4 off. And they go bigger.
Good luck

2 Likes

So I should move the light closer to the plants?

OK. I’m changing the light to 20 on, 4 off. I found the Fox Farms feeding schedule and decided to use it as a guide but to go at half strength. I also think they need a little more cal-mag, so I just fed them two gallons of water, with 3 tsp. each of Grow Big and Big Bloom, and one tsp. of cal-mag.

Yeep do that if the Girl show lightstress put it up litle.

1 Like