First timer and need help with Aeroponic cloner

I have a 5-gallon aeroponic cloner and I’m about to attempt my first clones. What should I use for a light cycle, and how much light? I got one recommendation for 70-90 ppfd, but that doesn’t mean much to me.

Clones don’t need much light. Dimmer the better for them.
Light schedule standard 18/6 will work. Unless they’re monster crop clones, then 24/0 is recommended.

1 Like

I have space available in my 4x4 tent, but I have a plant in mid veg in there and the HLG 600 Rspec is at 50%. Could I shield it from the direct light or would it still be too much reflected light?

1 Like

Cover them with plain white piece of paper, or tissue paper if you have some. That will allow enough light through, but not be too much.

1 Like

Thank you!!!

1 Like

A little off the subject, but how do you feel about this VPD chart for temp vs. RH?

It’s mostly accurate, but work on temperatures, and then humidity. Temps are more important.

What would be the ideal temps?

78-88. Not over 90.

maintaining a constant temp throughout the entire grow or increasing along the way?

1 Like

Your temperatures will fluctuate some, the important thing is to maintain warmer temperatures when the lights are on. Lights out, temps can drop, and your humidity will always spike. So no need to panic, just keep the dehumidifier running and continue good air exchange. (Or air conditioning)

1 Like

Ok thanks. My issue is keeping the RH high enough even with a humidifier. The ambient air is about 65° and 40% RH (basement). Also, should I be concerned about chorine from my tap water used in the humidifier?

I would use distilled in the humidifier. This keeps the service life longer.
65 is a little cold.
40% RH is great for flowering.

65/40 is the ambient outside the tent, sorry about that. inside is typically 75° and 50% RH. I’ve been using distilled for the reason you mentioned, but I think will spend more in H2O than to replace the humidifier.

2 Likes

Minimal light requirements until they starts shootings roots

2 Likes