First timer and learning. 7 days in and upward curl

I’ve decided to give it a shot after studying up for a couple of months and have loved what I’ve found on this forum. Everyone is helpful and, most importantly, excited about the hobby!

I’m set up in a closet under a 600w viparspectra that’s about 24" above the plants. I’ve been battling heat and humidity; the humidity drops down into the 25% range unless I seal everything up tight then the temps jump into the high 80s. I vent during the day and can get it into the mid 70s but then the humidity drops, even with the cool-mister running full blast.

I’ve got my water around 6.5pH. I’m in Burpee’s starter soil right now and plan to switch to Happy Frog when i transplant them. I haven’t given them any nutrients yet. I tried bottom feeding them a few days ago and believe I overdid it. The soil has recovered and I was about to water them again.

So what am I looking at here? A nutrient deficiency? A heat issue? I like the idea of staying ahead of things but I just can’t match these symptoms to the symptoms charts and references (or rather I can but it seems to match too many). Thanks!

1 Like

I would say the light is to intense for a seeding , I like growing under a couple cfl lights untill it gets 3 or even a set of five blade leaves . Try Backing the light off a little or get two cfl 6500k lights 100watt and put them under that for a week , than put them under the Viparspectra. Don’t over water ,let it almost dry ,let the roots stretch a little for there water befor you water . Good luck

1 Like

And don’t fert untill they get some leaves , unless you have seaweed extract and do that diluted and sparingly. Ferts help if done right but they can lock out your plants causing slow in growth , your better with just water untill they get leaves and start slow with ferts and work up to full consentration

1 Like

No nutes at that age! maybe some folia spray of the Aloe kind but that is all. Keep some clear domes over the seedlings until stronger, spray the domes every now and then, do not over water.

1 Like

I have a viparspectra 400 @auroraborealis202 and mine is 24 inch above my seedlings, so i would raise your light a tad and see how your seedlings react. Also have a small fan on the seedlings when the domes are off it will help strengthen the stems of the seeds, but not to strong breeze just enough for slight movement of the stems.

1 Like

U may be paying a little too close of attention :sweat_smile: dont worry too much

1 Like

Thanks for the tips. I poured in too much water trying the bottom feeding method and instead of draining it off I just left it there, but I’m being careful and definitely not over watering now.

1 Like

Thank goodness! I didn’t even have my nutrients here yet because I didn’t figure I needed them for a couple more weeks. I’ll check the light and raise it up a bit. Do you run both veg and bloom at that early stage?

I have a fun blowing but there wasn’t any movement so I adjusted that.

Thanks.

1 Like

In canna terra pro that i use, i plant the seed into it already germinated in wet paper towel method, (previously soak for 24 hours or less in distilled water with a drop of H2o2), in my last grow i used this method and didnt add any nutes until bloom period, and the grow was amazing with no issues. But i must say that this soil is one of the best in my opinion.

1 Like

Are the photos in true light? in saying all that before, your seedlings look good.

The photos weren’t in true light. I just saw that comment in another beginner thread too, I’ll make sure I do that in the future. The discoloration which i thought I noticed in the first pic doesn’t seem as apparent in the natural light.

You and basementstealth might be right. I tend to worry.

Do you use Canna nutes?

@auroraborealis202

Hey there mate,

I found this guide to be of great help. I added the link for you

Download the free Marijuana Grow Bible

1 Like

No i use Sensi products.

1 Like

I see thx man.

I backed off the light a couple of inches and tried to get the temps down a lot more. Still very long so I was going to transplant them into their final 5 gallons and bury them a bit.

@auroraborealis202

ILGM Symptom Checker Here :wink:

[quote=“Alpo0721, post:2, topic:28906”]
light
[/quote] bro just make a little brace for the plant from electrical wire with rubber coating or similar. I think it’s best not to transplant now. All the best mate, happy growing

1 Like