First Timer. Am I ready?

The AC Infinity lights look okay, but the dimensions make them unusual. I can’t fit one in my 1x3 portion of my sectioned off tent, which is a massive bummer. If it wasn’t weirdly large I’d be all over them.

I can’t link because they aren’t formally affiliated with ILGM but I can take a screenshot of my recommendation.

I personally went with the QB Kit, but I needed two lights to fill a 4x4.

Re: Shipping - good lord. They’re quick. I ordered an extra board and had it within a few days, not actually sure how but not complaining at all.

2 Likes

I think I would go with qb260 xl kit if you don’t mind assembly. Hlg-300L is good choice too, just a little more expensive to get ready to hang unit.

5 Likes

I recommend the HLG (Horticulture Lighting Group). I am not ‘handy’ at all but the DIY unit I got was easy to put together and it saves money. Really excellent lighting and great customer service. My two cents.

2 Likes

Welcome!

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the advice. Here goes nothing! Seeds are in water. Wish me luck! Follow my grow journal if you’d like. Would love to see your comments for guidance throughout.

1 Like

FYI I’m not sure how many people use the new journal site yet - it’s a different animal than the forum. I’d recommend keeping this link for yourself so you can come back here and ask troubleshooting questions along the way. Since the journals are sort of “weekly” it’s less opportunity for feedback (IMO)

I set to follow the formal journal there all the same. :v: happy growing!

1 Like

Good luck! I like to keep the seeds warm and dark. Although I just recently had a string of bad luck sprouting I usually put my container in something light proof and set it on my cable box to keep it warm

1 Like

Put the 2 seeds in water Wednesday night. Thursday afternoon they sank to the bottom but no tap roots. I put them in a moist paper towel on a heat mat for a few hours while I prepped my soil. Placed the seeds in the soil in a jiffy pellets Thursday night and placed them in the tent. So it’s been about 3 days now. When should I expect to see a sprout?

1 Like

I typically get a 1/2” to 3/4” tail after placing them in a Moist paper towel for 18 hours after a 24 water soak. Usually 2 days they break ground under 24 hours of fluorescent lighting in a humidity dome. With out a tail, looking at a few more days possibly :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Great, thanks! Still no sprout on Day 4 so hoping to see something today or soon! :seedling:

3 Likes

Set to watch

4 Likes

I’d be waiting til day 7 of being inside the starter before I worried at all. I’ve had some stubborn seeds this go around. My first round was effortless, these next ones… ugh.

1 Like

Are you keeping a temp around 82 and RH around 70%.? You need the humidity. Can you cover the beans with a clear solo cup, it’ll create a humid environment and may speed up that bean to sprout :joy:

1 Like

@OGIncognito I was looking at your pic above, are you in autopots? If so how do you like them?

1 Like

Love them, I work a lot and long days and my plants were suffering. Fill the reservoir for about 4 days of feeding to keep the PH drift down. I started with a 2 pot system added 2 more then a single pot. If you’re interested I would start with a single pot system, I built a reservoir for that from 3 gallon bucket. You won’t regret it🤟

1 Like

Thanks, I’ve been looking into them for a while. I try to do a nice upgrade each grow and they will probably be next on the list. I learned quite a bit from reading nicky’s posts

1 Like

I hear ya, I think if you experiment with one after that grow you’ll have several in your tent after that :love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Well well well, just got home from work, and would ya look at that! We have a :seedling:!! :raised_hands: First time grower so it’s literally like Christmas morning!!!

5 Likes

Happy birthday to to your plant :wink:

1 Like

Happy Father’s Day :love_you_gesture:

1 Like