First timer again could use some Tricomb clarification (prep for harvest)

I don’t really have any first hand knowledge with it being that low is what I meant. Once you hit about mid flowering stage, I know low is better than high. But that’s about it. Hopefully one of the others can provide more insight.

@dowencarson I would kill for humidity that low during the last stages. Supposedly brings out more resin. The plant produces more in an attempt to keep moisture in the leaves. I can say that it does work, because I was in flowering, and I didn’t get a dehumidifier until the last two weeks, but I swear I saw the things get fuzzier. Almost an overnight difference after I lowered humidity from 85% or more.

2 Likes

Wow10-4 24% here we go

They look really nice, especially in normal light!

Ok so when time comes to pull them out of thier container do i trim and then hang or just hang it. And does it need to be hung in the dark to dry or can i hang it in the grow room while i get next bunch going. Kinda got a shortage on dry dark places that a 13,9,7yr
old wont stick thier noses in. @dbrn32 @Covertgrower @bob31 @M4ur

2 Likes

I have the same problem @dowencarson I would suggest a box in the grow tent if you can get one to fit. Dark helps break tbe chlorophyll down sooner. I put a small fan blowing into the box . I’m sure some light got in, but it wasn’t direct light. When I trimmed mine, I trimmed in the tent with the carbon filter trimming is extremely fragrant. I wet trimmed all of the flowers, and let them dry on a plate. I didn’t hang them. Growers preference.

I know this is a lot of information but you need to read this stuff :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Read the part about splitting the stem (or all)

This is how people dry their products :sunglasses:

If you have enough to store that :disappointed:

If you have any questions or need help please let me know!
PS I wach a lot of videos on YouTube about "how to…weed":+1:

2 Likes

@bob31 Thank you. That was perfect, great pictures.

Unfortunately that’s exactly what you want. Cool, dark, and dry lol. Going through those guides that @M4ur posted should help you out. I don’t know the there’s a wrong way to harvest your plants. But you can certainly be successful multiple different ways. The most common is to cut the individual bud holding branches off. You’ll give them a quick trim and hang them to dry. Once the smaller stems start to snap when you bend them, you’ll remove the buds from branches and give them a final manicure. Then begin the curing th process.

Several members hav alternative methods of drying that may fit your needs a little better. Hopefully they’ll be by to give you some insight. I believe @bob31 and @ktreez420 use a cardboard box or paper grocery bag method that may be a good option considering your situation.

I have purchased 10 one lb cure vaults with the boveda packs 2- way humidity control that i will be using after i get done hanging

@M4ur thanks for the reading material i have read it i like it all except the microwave advice or the stove that doesnt seem like a good idea to me have you done that

@Covertgrower hey buddy on this box you built in your tent, how do you mean. Dimensions i dont have a tent i have a cement cellar (tornado shelter buried in the ground 7 feet it measures 12’ long x 6’ tall x 7’ wide so i could hang a tarp in say the back 3 feet of this room (black one) for maxximum darkness and i could trim and hang them in there but ive got 20 WWA WAITING ON THESE TO GET OUT OF THE WAY BUT I RAISE THE HUMIDITY TO 75% and swap everything to MH LIGHTS THAT HUMIDITY WILL MAKE MY DRY TIMES OUT OF THIS WORLD RIGHT

Ok @Covertgrower if its only 7-10 days to dry them then cool i will just shut it down only keep my ascelating fan and ceramic heater on let them dry good then ill fire off the widow. That way i have plenty of room to hang all 16 of these BEAUTIES ILL TAKE INDIVIDUALS OF EACH ONE EVERYTHING I GROW WILL BE ILGM STRAINS IN ORGANIC KINDSOIL (KINDBUD)…

Hope nobody minds the pics im playing with the lenses for this IPHONE SEs camera AND SOME DIFFERENT APPS.

2 Likes

@dowencarson I meant just a cardboard box. Affordable and disposable. It’s what I used. Hope that clarifies things.

1 Like

Just if I really need to try it but natural dry is the only way

I use the paperbags and both methods work great if you don’t have the cool, dry and dark place to hang them!

@dowencarson

2 Likes

My god man, how many plants are you growing???

Ok heres pics from today everything looks fine ive given them 7ml of CAL-mag plus on the past two waterings all seem to be alot more alert and vivid still got one that not sure about all 5 of the others healed up in couple days business as usual but this one just looks sick i dont have a good pic of it either once yougens go to bed ill get a good one for yall she is still flowering but very slowly no hairs sticking up or out all are just laying flat down @dbrn32 @Covertgrower @bob31 @Countryboyjvd1971