First timer 6 days old

Ok this is my first indoor grow. Seed to now is only 6 days. I’m using a 2x4x5 tent with a vipar spectra 450w light. Was told the seed is Skywalker OG. My PH in my water is 6.5 not sure about runoff PH level. PH in my soul is 7. But I’m not sure how accurate that number is now. The soil I’m using is Fox Farm Oceans Forest.
I have a question about nutes and the light I’m using. 1) Can I use my 450w light with my baby or is it too soon?? There is nothing else in the tent atm. 2) Has anyone heard of it used Mammoth?? If so, how did it work and what else did you use with it?? 3) When should I start using nutes??
I will try and post a pic. Thank you in advance to anyone with info or help. I’m still very very new to this. I’m super excited for this grow.

she started to grow down…

She will turn up to the lights and open those little leaves very soon I know most people font worry about using nutes until the rounded leaves brown or fall off

Ok. Thank you. That’s what I’ve been hearing. Let her grow. She’ll be fine. :relaxed:

Did you soak seeds in water first? Im not sure if you have to or not

Mammoth p is a microbial, it would either be added to your nute solution or used on off feed days you water. But it won’t take the place of your macro and micro nutrients.

In any case, you don’t need to feed yet. Will be a few weeks in something like ocean forest. But you should get a line on what you want to use now.

1 Like

The fox farms ocean forrest soil is great for growing pot but it is too strong for seedlings. it’s best to grow the plant 3-5 nodes before using that soil. fox farms happy frog is good for seedlings or jiffy seedling mix. even the seedling soil miracle grow makes works well, however I do not recommend using any other miracle grow products.

At least I’ve heard it’s too strong. I use roots organic soil myself.

I was actually going to use both of these for my soil I just didn’t have both bags yet.
@dbrn32 I am using advanced nutrients sensi grow and bloom 2 part. @Drillbit so should I transfer into the Fox Farm soil or leave ?? When I transplant into my 3 gallon smart pot I will be using the soil in the photos…

2 Likes

Yes I soaked for about 10-12 hours then it dropped and I did he paper towel method to germinate.

2 Likes

I would leave it be fir now @PrincessT
Wait till she gets bigger to transplant
The ffof soil many have found no need to feed until flower its a rich soil so ph water
Welcome to the forum as well

1 Like

Thank you for the help. She is fine lol. She’s already standing up after 1 day of lights. Can’t wait to watch her grow.

2 Likes

If this is your first grow when you transplant go pro mix soil. Save your self nutrient burn and nitrogen problems and then figuring out how much nutrients to give. If you stay with ffof soil you can go with out adding nutrients till flowering depending on how long you veg it. I’ve had some expensive lessons with ffof soil . Hope this helps and i know everyone grows different the less bumps and hiccups you have the bigger and better your grow will be. You’re going to need patience to that was hard for me when i started

1 Like

One last thing on ffof you should never start beans in the soil use the happy frog you jave to start them :wink:

1 Like

I agree with @Countryboyjvd1971. Let her grow up a bit until she needs feedings then transfer to the ffof. After you do the transfer, the ffof will provide her food for a few weeks before you will need to add nutes. :+1:

1 Like

@ThcinKC I was going to use the happy frog and Fox Farm together. I heard the happy frog on top and Fox Farm on the bottom. The reason I’m using these is cuz my bf is using it so I don’t have to buy any lol. Will that soil work with the sensi grow/bloom that I have?! @Countryboyjvd1971 Yes that is one thing I did make a mistake on. I put my baby in ffof to start. I hope she will be fine.
I do have a question about my light. I can set the veg and bloom setting myself. I have not found an average number to use. I have heard anything from 30 all the way to 60 or 70. I do know veg needs more specific light during veg and it’s different for bloom as well, my question is since I still have a seedling does anyone have a better number to put these on. Right now I have veg on 35 and bloom is only in 10. My light is 20 inches away… Any advice??

How do you like roots organic? My local hydro shop carries it. I looking for something different then fox farm. Was thinking nectar for the gods soil #4 as an option as well.

1 Like

@PrincessT usually you see post on here alot have a nice grow then go into flower and every thing goes crazy. Yes you can do that with your soil I’m sure your bf will help you. I had issues with ffof before and threw part of a bag out on my yard and it burned up the grass it’s still dead i just use pro mix soil and with a couple types of manure mixed in and do my nutrients at half strength. I understand that you already have it so why not use it right .

@Smokin_ernie I have not used hat yet. That what I was gonna buy if I didn’t get what I have. I did however ask around about it and I’ve heard very good reviews. My next grow that what going to use actually.

1 Like

I love it. its coco based and has enough nutrients to support a plant for a month plus!

1 Like