First timer! 5x5 tent grow

Yeah its ocean forest but after read in your journal a bit I think I’ll do happy frog first for seedlings then transplant to ocean forest

1 Like

@Sl1 so will that carbon filter eliminate a lot of the smell, being in a apartment that’s one of my main worries

1 Like

@Crackindaflesh

Yeah if you run the carbon filter correctly it should be filtering out 90-95% of the smell while the tent is closed. Obviously once the tent is open some smell is going to leak out- but that’s your best bet for covering it.

I’ve seen people on here run it 2 different ways so I think it depends on what works best in your tent. Either filter (in tent) → inline fan → exhaust out top of tent. Or exhaust duct in tent–> inline fan out of tent → filter. Those are either pull or push methods and I think their effectiveness varies on fan/ tent set up. Just keep that in mind.

Right on I’ll see what works best

1 Like

You got some time though. Shouldn’t start stinking until it’s flowering.

1 Like

Yes - I keep mine on low during veg for humidity control & circulation and on medium during full flower - eliminates nearly all smell except for a bit when tent is open.

OK question my carbon filter say a week still can I set stuff up with out it for a bit

Yeah absolutely. The filter is mainly just for covering up smell.

Also tag me in any questions and I will be happy to help if I can or try and point you in the right direction at the least.

Right but theres not really smell for seedlings and early on in veg I’ll have it before flowering @Ray4x

@Crackindaflesh

Yeah then you should be all good. Just depending on how long you’ll be running your exhaust before you get it, you may want to put some sort of prefilter on your exhaust line. You don’t want junk to get into your new inline fan.

You use your name if you order seeds

1 Like

@Crackindaflesh Just like normal mail :wink: You will be impressed

2 Likes

@Crackindaflesh

Yes I did. But I do live in a legal state.

Hey a buddy had two of these
https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B016VVUGIW?tag=greenrel-20

Told me there great sub lights for flower ING? I have seen in threads it likes red lights… just wanted to know if I should even bother.

@Crackindaflesh

Those could be a nice addition for side lighting when you start flowering. Is he giving them to you or you buying them off him?

No free, he harvested three times got himself some real high end light (only by price standards…b/c I quite obviously know nothing about lights). He was saying I get them two lights I got and hang the red one’s in between,right about 8 10 in for atop the canopy? Just was wondering don’t need to be spend unnecessary money on electric bill…WIFEY!!! enough said… lol…hunting and fishing is a pretty expensive hobbie fellas.But if the light will increase yield or something I’m plugging her in forsure.

1 Like

@Crackindaflesh

Haha I think we all struggle getting the Wifey’s on board with our hobbies. That being said I don’t think those lights are going to consume a whole bunch more energy. But I think if you can put them on the edges of the tent and angle them towards the middle that it will benefit you as side lighting. Especially as the girls get bigger, it gets harder to spread the light around the tent and that will definitely help

@Ray4x right on ty again. I can’t wait to start couple things came today others tomorrow. Hey did you figure out that air filter?? Got the same one worried a little bit lol…you think it was just the mist?

@Crackindaflesh

Yeah I think it was the mist. I emailed vivosun and they emailed me back saying my humidity needs to stay below 40%… but said they will refund me for the purchase. I’m going to see if I can get this one working and if I can then I’ll use that money for something else :stuck_out_tongue:

WORST START TO THE DAY EVER!!!
Wake up see the packages I’ve been waiting for shows up… well it’s a freaking down pour and he puts it a my mailbox witch is right where the water from the road runs off cause my driveway is getting done so yeah puts it in a bag nice of him…well he didn’t tie it left it wide open so yeah my 2 new lights,2 clip fans and a pH ppm tester went for a swim… ALL OF IT IS WATER LOGGED MAN!!!

1 Like