First timer 2021

Maui Wowie :star_struck:. Day 4 above ground. Plan to start her outside and then bring her in for veg and flower. Anyone have any suggestions on how long to wait before adding root booster or cal mag? Thanks for the time!

4 Likes

welcome to the community.

2 Likes

TY very kind welcome!

Welcome Romer I’m set to watch your journey , the heavyweight will chime in soon and you will have the answers :slight_smile: good luck

2 Likes

Welcome - there are a wealth of great growers here to help you along. Best to you!

1 Like

Welcome to the party.

What are you using for soil? What size when you bring her in? Why bring her in? What is your indoor setup?..
I have so many questions haha ha

3 Likes

Need information from post above :point_up: to answer your questions.

2 Likes

In the spirit of what dbrn siad; How do you plan to plant outdoors?

I would add Liquid Karna instead of CalMag. Anytime. 15ml per gallon. It just allows the seedling to burst, and it is great for stress.

https://www.amazon.com/Botanicare-Enhancer-Supplement-0-1-0-1-0-5-Formula/dp/B000X5Y1KM/ref=sr_1_2?dchild=1&keywords=liquid+karma&qid=1624364288&sr=8-2&tag=ilovegrowingm-20

CalMag (the bottled concentrate) is not needed until you see a Calcium or Magnesium or Nitrogen deficiency.

In general we never feed nutrients to a plants until it has 4-5 alternating nodes.

I would read the directions on the root booster and see what it recommends. Always the best place to start and experience what happens. you can always correct that ratio is you feel the need. Otherwise, you wont know until you try simply follow the directions.

Hope this helps, Roger

2 Likes

At the moment using a small amount of the soil in my backyard and at the bottom I put a small amount of Happy Frog soil. I placed her in a seed starter pellet and I am feeding it distilled water from a spray water bottle. I can’t leave it outdoors because of my gardeners and my nosy neighbors. I have a grow tent in my garage but it can get up 82 F in there when the temps outside are near 100 F. I thought that if I start it outside where it is already very hot that when I transfer it to inside in a 5 gal fabric pot and place it into Happy Frog soil then it will have a better chance of growing under 82 F when lights are off during veg from 1p-7p. I do not want to kill the seedlings chances while she is young and vulnerable.

Not a terrible plan. As long as you can keep your humidity at the right levels for VPD low 80’s wouldn’t be a problem to keep inside. Especially if you don’t trust your neighbors!

2 Likes

You should be fine for now then. The cots provide nutrients to plant while it develops root system. Then the nutrients supplied in your happy frog soil will likely get you through until transplant. From there, will be dependent on what you move into. A fresh pot of happy frog will continue to feed plant for a few weeks in most cases. Then you would need to start replacing nutrients through whichever method you decide.

2 Likes

Word up thank you. I will keep you posted on how she does. I plan to bring her in when she has grown wider than the cup she is in with a couple of nodes. I have a SCROG net ready for her to be trained in the tent. Thanks for the info about nutrients and when to add. I will go slow with the feedings and holler back at you all with how it goes! This is quite fun :joy: have a good day ILGM team and teamsters.

2 Likes

I just have to add this note. 82 degrees is awesome for Propagation and Veg. 82 degrees can even be good in flower, although most of like to stay around 70 degrees.

Larely, the science has proven that the radiant heat can be higher, and we should be measuring leaf surface temps with a digital thermometer.

Something to think about. 82 degrees. Many growers would die for that, but you can either get better ventilation; Ot, a portable AC thta you can vent somewhere via 6" hose. 200 bucks and you iwll be bale to grow higher quality buds.

Happy growing :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wow I had no clue, this is awesome stuff. I am in great weather all year long, yes very lucky but I have a small space for growing. I currently have a 4 inch exhaust fan with a carbon filter to take air out but nothing feeding air in…would you recommend anything I can do to bring in oxygen(good air) instead of it sucking the garage heat all day? Or do you think its fine?

If the air in there feels clean to you then I’d say it’s good. No gas cans or fumes? Opening the door every so often will obviously refresh the air that’s in it which may be frequent being a garage.

2 Likes

Ok cool. Yes air is breathable for sure. No gas or fumes or chemicals. And yes I can refresh the air by opening the door leading into the house. Thank you for the feedback!

Welcome to the community. :+1:

1 Like

Sounds like you’re in for more fun than you were originally anticipating! Very exciting. Use this as your grow journal. Keep everything in one place, it’ll be an invaluable resource

1 Like

Hello everyone happy Fourth of July. I have some pictures here to show you and needed your advice. The weather here has been in the high 90s plenty of sunshine for this little girl. Can you notice the petals on the bottom yellowing? What can be causing this and should I be concerned? We are just over two weeks after sprouting and I have changed nothing.

1 Like

Nope that’s normal mate , there called cotyledons , there store the energy required to grow out the solar leaves, once solar leaves form they take over the energy storing process. There looking happy mate nice work :slight_smile: