First time ww auto

Ive got 2 ww autos that i belive are starting to flower but now im getting dead leaves on the bottom of the plant. Its my first grow so ive only been watering and watching temp and humidity. Just looking for suggestions on what i should do if anything theyve been great so far and i havent had a single issue till now

1 Like

Holy hell! That’s an auto? You’ve got a real problem if that’s just starting to flower. It’s going to get even taller. You’re going to have to super crop that, or something. Not sure what you’re going to do. Never seen an auto that tall.

2 Likes

What is super croping. Im very new and figured they were pretty tall for what ive heard about autos was thinking about taking them completly out of the tent.

Very nice , looking at the plants node spacing their stretching for light. You may need to gently pull the top over and tie down . Good luck

1 Like

Pull the top of the plant down? Im getting dead leaves at the bottom and 1 or 2 at the top is this normal?

1 Like

Honestly he/she doesn’t have the space for flowering. Way to cramped. Even with my massive grows none of my plants would fit in that small space.

I had 4 plants in a 4x4 and 3 of those plants killed the 4th one. Because it was to packed to the brim. It was so bad the plants grew 2+ feet out of the tent.

@Tpen Yes, slowly pull the top down and secure it. Wait till she is top heavy aka a nice sized Cola and then release. I use paracord in my tent. If the cola has enough weight, she will start to grow horizontally. Then after release she will stay down and if you have the time, she will start growing vertically. Thus you want a heavy cola before release.

You generally lose the bottom leaves as the plants grow up to be big girls. :+1:

2 Likes

Snip dead leafs on bottom, that will be normal.

1 Like

My thoughts exactly. To add to the problem, I don’t see any sign of flowering. :grimacing:
I suspect it has “misfired” as I like to say and needs 12/12 light cycle to initiate and maintain flowering.
As noted above, you can expect a 50%-100% increase in height during flower. If you have a room that can be blacked out completely, all you need to do is set the lights to 12/12. Otherwise you will have to get that plant bent and tied down ASAP.

That is where you crush or “bruise” the stem so it is soft and bend it over. It will make a nasty looking scar and get hard and woody but the plant will recover and the branch will start to reach up again.
Low Stress Training or LST is same principal but much gentler. You start young and just “guide” the growth over time.

I have taken one plant out of the tent and have it in my room i was gonna switch them out in 12 hour increments? Thats about all i can do as far as space.
I thought with autos they dont need a light cycle?

1 Like

@Tpen autos don’t usually need light change, but your lady wants to do her own thing. Supercrop is best way to go. Or put outside slowly each day. She is a giant. Not sure what you will get from her.

1 Like

There have been several posts lately dealing with autos that will not flower as expected. They are unusual but they happen sometimes. There have also been reports of full blown male plants although very few.

How big are they now? That might become quite a chore.

They are about 3 1/2 to 4 foot. Im gonna move them to a shed and tarp it off. Thats about the only way im gonna have enough space. I just seen on my plants ive got some dead leaves at the very top so now im concerned about that

If they are JUST flowering, you’re best bet is going to be to to harden them outside. Take them out for a few hours each day for a week to week and a half, then leave it. At 4ft tall, just starting flower, it could turn into a 7ft monster, and I’m not sure supercropping would help for that size space.

Also, top growth is probably getting burned by the light being right up against it.

1 Like