First time using grow tent

All done with transplant into 5gallon fabric pots for the light at 21” away small fan blowing exhaust on and used great white for roots found a slight root bound on them but nothing as serious as I’ve seen before ph the water at 6.0 my temp is 71.3 degrees rh is at 70 wish me luck I’ll update in three days

3 Likes

Before feeding today they are coming along getting taller every few days @lostscuba

2 Likes

It’s good start my friend u should try dwc if your only doing a couple

Might look into that next grow for sure i think it’ll make things quicker

1 Like

Does anyone think i could top these at this point or should i wait another week it’s been about 11 days since transplant and they have taken well to the bigger pots if you look back you can see pics above just didn’t want to do it too early and over stress them after top i was planning on waiting a few days and then doing LST @Killadruid @DMD @SilentHippie @Lostscuba

These are from tonight

1 Like

How many nodes does she have. I think you may want to get her a little taller before topping.

4 Likes

Im on my first grow, so im no expert, but i would say wait…
They seem too small to top them…
I actually waited too long to top mine, i did it going into the 10th week since seed.
I waited because i wanted to keep the tops as clones.

2 Likes

Are you doing stuff to the plant according to the moon phases?
The app im using says that you should wait 2 more days if you are in the northern hemisphere
(the 13, 14 and 15 of june, best days for cloning, cutting, topping, lollipopping)

3 Likes

I guess the moon’s gravity pulls fluids up or down according to the moon phases, and it helps the plant recover if you do it on time, and can stunt it slightly if done incorrectly…

Im guessing that for topping, you would want to have the plants fluids more towards the roots instead of towards the top…

4 Likes

It’s usually best to wait until 4 or 5 nodes before you top… be nice to the plants… some stress is good but don’t over do it too soon

2 Likes

That’s great i never knew about the moon phases but i am not though i was just thinking i could by now it’s been about 4 weeks from sprouting i ended up doing 24/0 on the lights until last week i switched to 18/6 and put the light up higher and they have been responding well to that they are on their third nodes thanks for the replies everyone I’m gonna make these ladies famous on here one day lol

2 Likes

For what I’ve read everywhere, you want to see at least 6 nodes before topping

2 Likes

@DMD @SilentHippie @Lostscuba @Killadruid don’t know how to tag anyone else in this update should’ve made a grow journal but here we are week 2 of veg fox farms ocean forest soil using the directed amount of fox farms grow big for now i also have the other two ready water is ph at 6.0 temp is 71 degree Fahrenheit humidity is a little high at 70 i ordered a mini dehumidifier made by Vivosun same company as my exhaust and carbon filter should be here Tuesday I’ll update the changes for that light is Phlizon 600w actual draw is about 113 according to my tester i have 2 on hand might be ordering a third just in case I’ve come along way plan on doing the lst tomorrow while i hook the other light up and possibly topping any advice or criticism is always accepted if you guys could tag some more people to this thread it would be awesome to have an array of opinions and hints thanks and have a great Father’s Day everyone

2 Likes

Looking good

2 Likes

Plants look great, the Phlizon 600w really does a good job at getting them going.
If you got 2 Phlizon 600w already, i wouldn’t get another one, i would get something similar to this :

And then place the best, most powerful light in the middle and the Phlizons on the sides for good illumination power…

1 Like

My girls at 9 weeks of veg

And the clones i got from topping them, a week ago:

2 Likes

I just might do that ive seen some others that are around 150-175 that look good too i cut off part of my room with an extra piece of the removable floor they sent me don’t know if that helps me or not dehumidifier is going in the other side of it basically the room is 2.5x2x60 now

It sure has to be better to have reflective material for the grow space,
I think the best light kit under 200 usd on Amazon is going to be this one though,

But the 130 usd Mars fixture is cheap enough to give it a try

1 Like

There is also a DYI option. 40 bucks more added to what you posted will get you three additional boards.

Check out my build here.

2 Likes

Looking good my friend. Thanks for the tag!:sunglasses::v:

1 Like