First Time Trying To Clone

This is my first attempt trying to clone. I went into my veg tent today and did some super cropping and a little defoliation. Some of the plants I’m growing are starting to get really bushy and I can’t even see what’s going on in them, even having trouble finding a way to water them. So I thought before I start cutting them heavily and throw out whatever I trim this should be the perfect time to try cloning. I already have Clone x solution, gel. rapid rooters, and a propagation tray/humidity dome.

3 Likes

Good luck cloning is surprisingly easy and fun

8 Likes

Thank you! I’m just afraid of cutting too much of the plant haha

2 Likes

Have about 20 rapid rooters sitting in 6 litters of water with some clone x solution ph’d to 5.5. Gonna leave them in there over night and start cutting tomorrow.

2 Likes

Youd be suprised at how much you can take off and the plant will still survive. I routinely hack up mother plants to keep them small due to space restrictions

3 Likes

If I plan on using these same plants to flower should I cut off any of the main colas I topped to get or should I stick with side branches / offshoots ?

If you plan to flower soon i wouldn’t. Cut clones from the bottom. The growth you’d normally clear out that won’t reach canopy when it is in flower.

5 Likes

You can also clone your topping if you are going that route too. Any pruning you do that has 2 nodes you can clone. I usually hack down my mother’s pretty heavily, wherever i prune i make sure to leave 1 node so it’ll become 2 colas. let them regrow while flower tent is rocking and then clip off a clone from mother right before moving mother into flower side. Then newest clone becomes the new mother. Rinse and repeat

5 Likes

Thank you! I’ll post some update photo’s of the plants after they’ve been cut

1 Like

I am so excited, I wish to share.
YES it is so much fun.
Proud pappa, I am.

White “thorn” is new root development, on an abused flowering failed and discarded dirt clone.
She has doubled her flattened Hight, towards the light. Promising, for sure.
check out the other end of this

Such a will to survive, i am ashamed to have doubted her.
Obviously, a top budding, as @Glitch said.

7 Likes

Congratulations Pappa, cloning is pretty interesting. Always remember I was told or probably read that it still is just a weed that loves to live.

4 Likes

It’s amazing how they can look like they are almost dead you pick them up a new roots hardy plants

3 Likes

I bought one of these cloners for about 75 bucks and love it

download (1)

2 Likes

I am a Darwinian Grower, only the strong survive my actions and misadventures.
Learned cloning in 1982, no crack coke, no heroin, no meth, USN friends and family program.
Now growing has me for life, may the force be with me, correction be with us.
Thank God for this forum, No s.s. 1982 no such luck.

3 Likes

this Grasshopper wants to walk and talk with his ladies, again.
This side of the dirt, for 20 more years, till they are mature adults.
That’s what parenting is all about right?
Good growing to you

1 Like

From Flat and dead looking on 3-1-2023 (neglected, no rooted cutting failed home acceptance for dirt residence.

I started the clone station and SHAZAM.
A week later

and not flat anymore

3 Likes

That is so cool

1 Like

I decided not to clone into the rapid rooters and ended up buying a DWC off Amazon. It just came in today and got it all setup. Will be taking some clones very soon. The only thing that sucks is that this DWC cloning inserts are 1.875" round and the only replaceable ones I could find close to that is 2"

OxyClone OX20SYS 20 Site

2 Likes

For some reason they look really small to me :joy:

3 Likes

8 Days Later -

4 Likes