First time stem splitting

She’s a beaut!! :green_heart: Looks like a good candidate for the split. :sunglasses::seedling:

1 Like

So I have a question for those that have done the stem split- It’s done to promote tricome growth, but in this short of a time do they mature? They’re not clear are they?
I’m wanting my plant to be 50% cloudy 50% amber. Just thinking the new tricomes wouldn’t be either with only 5 days under their belt. Am I thinking too much?

2 Likes

Look earlier in this post @garrigan62 has covered what stem splitting is, how its done, and what the purposes are. :v:t2::metal:t2:

@xDeeTeRx

Sorry about. Sometimes things don’t work wright…But here is the link to the Grow Bible

I tested the link and it works just fine

Will

2 Likes

@Beans Clear or milky trichomes = better than no trichomes? :sunglasses::yum::rofl:

2 Likes

True but bc of my job I rarely smoke. I just love growing (or in my case, TRYING to grow) so I don’t want the paranoia effect that comes with the clear tricomes. One night I smoked some white widow that was probably pulled way too early (didn’t have a pocket microscope) and I went through here deleting a lot of my posts! :rofl: I was bad paranoid.

5 Likes

That’s pretty damn funny amigo. Beautiful plant!

1 Like

@garrigan62 so here she is ilgm strawberry kush 55day flower she packed on alot of density and trichomes from stem split! From this experience i would go 5 day instead of 3 maybe even try to push 7 days cuz she wasnt dying lol💪🏻

11 Likes

@garrigan62 heres another of her absolute sick picture too!!! this was before she was even split!

8 Likes

@garrigan62 one more lol my bad should put them all in one new topic. 2 days into split.

5 Likes

Beautiful! I plan on splitting a stem or two next week! :green_heart::seedling:

2 Likes

@FreakyDeekie thanks! I hope your as satisfied as i am! :v:t2::metal:t2:

1 Like

This thread is VERY interesting! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Like @FreakyDeekie, I may have to try this on one or two plants. But I have a little time to think about it. I am 30 days into flower.

Please keep us updated if you do this :slight_smile:

TIA!

Hey @daz49 what’s the benefit of the 48 hours of total darkness?

@PotBuds14 thanks for the thread! I have 4 plants about a week or so from harvest and I will definitely be splitting the stems on 3 of them, the 4th is the runt of the litter with a thinner main stem.

2 Likes

The 48 hour’s of darkness is supposed to make it produce more trichomes,from what I’m told

4 Likes

That’s good to know

1 Like

Yo fellows!

After splitting the stem do u continue to water the plants? Does smth in your daily plant control change?

How many of u use that 48 hours of full darkness? :green_heart::open_hands:t3:

No you don’t carry on watering after splitting the stem and as far as I know a lot of us do the 48 hour darkness even if not splitting the stem

2 Likes

Thx for the prompt reply dude!

I don’t get, if u don’t water it after splitting the stem let’s say about 3 days, where does she take extra nuts from?

Or all it needs is already inside the plant for generating extra resin?

1 Like

So I’m told you should stop watering a couple of days before but I just stop watering the same time as I do the splitting,she should have enough in the soil,leaves and plant to produce up to twice as many trichomes and then the 48 hours dark, helps them produce even more,so the way I figure it is that if we do all that work all that time to get our girls to produce as many as possible then if there’s anything I can do in the last week to get anymore out of her then why not and sorry for the delay I didn’t see your comment

2 Likes