First time seedling question

GSCE seedlings, do these look like they are growing ok. They are 7 days old today. Are the leaves supposed to be curling down this much? They didn’t seem to be curling down this much for the first 5 days, I lowered my light down from 24" to 18" for the last 2 days and it seems like they have gotten worse. Today I moved the light back up to 24". I am using a Mars Hydro fc-6500 for lighting.

1 Like

I am a little confused on the height and power for this stage of growth. I put the light back to 24" and 30% power.

1 Like

Looks like they’re recommending if you are using the dimmer to keep it at 12-18" start at 30% power until it gets growing then turning it up to 50-75% power until like 4-6 weeks old 75-100 during stretch and full for flower

Or if you don’t want to use the dimmer start at 30" then 24" finally 12 to 18 for stretch n flower

2 Likes

The leaves were pretty straight out for the first 5 days, when I moved the light down to 18" it seems like the leaves started curling down. Maybe this is ok, I was thinking the light might be to close. I am going to bring it back down to 18" tomorrow.

1 Like

@MeEasy is 100% correct. Those are the two option the manufacturer lists for best results. The dimming way being the less running costs.
Don’t mix the two images. Follow one or the other. So if you want to be at 30% you shouldn’t be higher than 18". If you want to be 30" inches up for better coverage. Crank it to 100

1 Like

@MeEasy @Budz thanks fellas, I guess I panicked when I saw the leaves curling down so much, I thought I was frying them!!!
So this is normal for the leaves to be curling down this much?

1 Like

Just see how they react to the increased light

2 Likes

The light change could have affected it’s tender little leaves it’s best to set it up which ever way you’ve decided and don’t change it until the plant changes they have to have a little time at this stage to grow roots and then the top will grow again, I know it seems like nothing is happening but it’s growing underground

2 Likes