First time scrogging

It’s a system I made pieced together. Your girls definitely look fantastic tho!

Go rdwc that way you don’t have to fill individual buckets they all pull from same reservoir

6 Likes

Wow that’s awesome, mind if I keep the pic for future reference! Definitively a better idea than the lift and change! Lol but wow great results! Thanks for that!

2 Likes

Flowering at about 18" is probably good.

3 Likes

Thanks Not2SureYet, Started with the 2 300w Hydro Crunch Burple 5watt LEDs, did well but just didn’t like the covrage , dont have a light meter persay except the one on the Soil Ph Light Moisture push in and an app on my phone for lums… it said 24,000 lum with the 2 Hydro crunch at 24" and 32,000 at 18" – added the 1200 w Kingled(what a difference) with 10w Led’s at 24" ( where it’s at now) shows 53,000 lum but I read that they can take much more if you can keep them fro scorching?? Is this correct? All of them are only adjustable via Veg/Bloom switch there all on Bloom now. I think I’m happy for now with the quality of the led’s sa the cost is much lower than my 1000w uncooled MH it was too hit for this tent… so all new to led’s also …but so far so good people seem to think. I’ll try your advice over the next few days ! Thanks for coming in!

2 Likes

Thanks ,gonna bring them down tonight and see how it goes!

2 Likes

Id use both switches in bloom. The more light the better. N phone apps work but vaguely. Also screw soil ph meters. Ur chasing pH of liquid before n the pH of the liquid runoff coming out

7 Likes

I agree, you should be using both switches on. What I found with my vipars were. I could lower the lights down past 18". They were 200 actual watts each. But I had to feed less or I started to burn the plants. So if you are going to lower them. just watch you leaves. they will tell you when you are to close. I never wanted my lights to low since then it meant I would have to add another to get good light coverage.

1 Like

12" is ideal. Anything will work, but it gets super hard to feed and water on low screens. I always did 8", and what a pain. I went low because I was scrogging autos.

2 Likes

Here is a solution to watering under low screens if your interested?

3 Likes

The kingled 1200 are pushing about 240-250 watts according to my kill-o-watt meter… I have the same ones to supplement red spectrum then I run 2 hlg 260 qbs for about 750 watts dunno lumms.

Also definitely keep the pics and if I can find the diy write up I did I’ll post it.

Think I built them for around 150-200 just the dwc system maybe lower

1 Like

supplyhouse.com
5) 5 gallon buckets from
5) 1-1/2” bulkhead fitting slip x slip

Amazon
4) 5 gallon mesh bucket lids
4) drip rings
4) 1/2” shutoff valves
25’ 1/2 water hose
Small pond pump ($15)
1 digital timer for pump

Home Depot
3 bags of (10) 1/2” hose clamps
3 4’ 1-1/2” pvc pipe
5 1-1/2” tee connectors
4 1-1/2” 90 degree connectors

PVC glue and primer

I can’t state this enough but a digital timer is a must! Nothing crazy 10-20$ but will give you the ability to set 8-10 on off times. I set it on when lights go on and off 3 mins later for first time it runs then space it out evenly depending on amount of times it allows me to add. ie 8 settings space out every 3 hours will give you a day of watering with the drip.

Works great for you d plants to help roots reach bottom after that it just looks cool

1 Like

Dude that setup sounds kicka$$… seriously. Any to harvest under it all yet?

1 Like

I have a couple of observations. First, welcome and nice job so far, despite environmental issues. We’ve all been there haha.

SCROG: I like the technique and use it for most grows. That said; I have not found it to exceed a well managed supercropped plant. I don’t use the screen QUITE like envisioned and ends up more of a spreader and support than an actual SCROG. Here’s an example:

Mine is slaved to the pot to be able to carry around (I grow inside/outside) and the screen is adjustable for height. Each screen is 1/3 of my grow space 22" X 36" to fit a 72 X 48 space. That leaves room for mechanical stuff like dehumidifier and fans etc. I have a bill of materials somewhere.

Best to plant your plants in individual pots, and individual screens. Unless you are doing a grow with clones, all of your plants will develop at different rates and if there’s a problem you’ll pay hell getting em separated. Fabric pots work exceptionally well.

16 Likes

That scrog tho :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes: man we have to talk more. U deserve more ‘help me help them’ tags :joy::joy::joy:

5 Likes

You are too kind. I am just having fun. MattyBear and Bogleg are both much further down the road than I am, for example. I like to see and comment on problems and follow the others. (I’m a lot better than I was haha) and am spreading the word on pest control and bud washing.

@blackthumbbetty has some mad skills; hopefully she’ll be able to weigh in.

5 Likes

Yeah…no, YOU CLEARLY have this covered, because WTF?! You have some scrog voodoo going on, because that is just tremendous! I am absolutely not in your league, myfriend.

5 Likes

Yea, those soil meters are crap, got it with the tent kit. Been using a cheap Ph and TDS from Amazon had to recalibrate a few times but it seem to be close. I test before and adjust with nutes (above) to 5.8to 6.8(I fluctuate the ph, every time to try to keep it hungry lol Tds in 1100. The run off last time was around 900 I think got to look at the journal entry. But there eating well maybe not enough.

1 Like

Awesome thanks ! It all looks great !

Very cool! Really liking this set up, I have a bit of the things to get it started! Thanks.
Yes on the Digital Timer, I use them for everything! Bad…Bad dreams with the push down ones. Lol

Thanks Glad to be here! Great set up! And what you have got there is what what I had in mind just in a shorter version Lol, but didn’t quite get it dialed in like that! Impressive indeed and have definitely took notes! Same with my screen kinda used as a spreader, the first to get to it went the way of a weave tuck thing tonight I tied a couple of the taller ones off to the side a bit to open the middle…I’m gonna post pic in a few mins.

2 Likes