First time scrog for me

Yes sir. I’ve never done soil

Thanks for the information. I did topping and LST and it was very productive. Lots more buds turning into colas and with time n nutes…big fat colas.

@grandaddy013 new guy here. What is the advantage of using a scrog over not using one.
Thx in advance

Not really an advantage @Psu8286 just makes it to where all your lower buds get light an fatten up to…they say you can double your yeild my first one, been seeing it done but i like to do a few things at once never had the time an space to try it so i said screw it i was making myself start with a scrog this time lol

Scrog lets you have your lights at the perfect height from the all the plant, nothing gets more or less light

Thank you @Grandaddy013 @boardsbird

1 Like

Doing a Scrog causes your plant to grow horizontal. This way, instead of a tall plant, you have everything at one level and everything gets the same amount of light

1 Like

It will also limit the height of your plant

@Grandaddy013 how far do you set your screen above your bucket? Was thinkin about 6 inches…an was going to top on 4th node before adding screen sound good or am i not considering something?

@Grandaddy013 I’ll be growing 1 maybe 2 in a 4x2x80 how big do I want the openings (squares)
In the screen? I’m new and have never researched the scrog screen method. Thanks

From what I’ve read here any size will work mine are 2 inch squares I’ve seen them from 2 to 6 inches

1 Like

@JoshawaM thanks bro so much to learn.

Any time, i been doin this for years an still learning lol hence why i am running my first scrog

1 Like

An to make things worse i am entering the grow off an adding it to my scrog​:rofl:, figured screw it if I’m gonna do it do it big​:rofl::joy:

1 Like

Best of luck to you. There are some amazing buds on here

Thanks…Yeah there is plenty of great growers here i figure i will be holding up the rear🤣…but i will have fun doin so an who knows i might even suprise myself lol only time will tell

I’ve got mine 13" above the top of the bucket. I am trying to grow REALLY large plants, but mainly, I’m a pretty big guy with a bad back, so I need plenty of room to get under them to tend to them

1 Like

My squares are 4inches square. It really doesn’t matter. I do one plant in a 4x4 Scrog. Then again, I’m not in a tent and am not limited on space. Some techniques do better in smaller spaces, some in larger. We just have to work with what we’ve got.

@JoshawaM @Psu8286 I am flattered that y’all are asking me. I’m pretty much a rookie myself. The people on this forum have been soooo helpful to me, and if I can, would like to give back. The things I do are working for me. There are many different ways of growing, but these plants are very resilient and grow like weeds. I’ve made MANY mistakes along the way, just hopefully not the same one twice. You can grow weed with a regular house light bulb. There won’t be much to it, but it will work. I’ve found, to me, the most important thing is to have GOOD lighting, and keep your pH in range. If these two things aren’t right, nothing else matters very much.

1 Like

@Grandaddy013 well your scrog looks good, i been growing for years i keep ph good an have some good lights just first scrog so asking about height of screen before i get her in it lol thanks for all tge help

1 Like